“Good home cooking”
Review of Hope Drive In & Restaurant - CLOSED

Hope Drive In & Restaurant
Cuisines: Diner, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Same location since 1962! Family owned and operated with a fresh selection of classic home style food.
Vancouver
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is one of my favourite places to stop in Hope. It serves up healthy portions of home cooked comfort food. Old fashioned shakes, burgers and fries. Good variety of homemade pies and cakes.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank ViVoVa

Kelowna, Canada
“Great Pie!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stop by the Hope Drive Inn all the time on our way to Vancouver.

Pie is amazing. I especially like the strawberry and rhubarb!

The place has a traditional restaurant feel and take out window. If you like a "traditional" burger and fries place - the Hope Dinner is your place.

1 Thank Mike_Hassard
Vancouver, Canada
“Stop In, Don't Drive By”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We always stop here when on travels that take us through Hope. Since it's almost always busy, we figure popularity is a good sign. Food is really good. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. Great friendly service.
Early in the day, the Traveller's Breakfast is satisfying, as are lunch time sandwiches served with perfectly-made fries - golden crisp outside, fluffy inside. Also, if you're into large pots of piping hot tea, this restaurant is for you.

1 Thank Lynne F
Berlin, Germany
“Just what we expected”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived at lunchtime in Hope and drove around to look for a place to eat. Decided to try this one and were pleasantly surprised. Both of us had the special which was soup and sandwich. There was a choice of soups and both were very tasty. Then we had the turkey sandwich. Great sandwich with plenty of meat and delicious bread. Good choice.

1 Thank paul1953uk
“Not impressed, disappointed actually.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

When we first sat down we were ignored for a bit, someone gave us menues and began to tell us it had been a long day for her. (I need to know this why?) finally our server came to our table and didn't even ask what we wanted to drink first. I asked what kind of cider they had ( it says to ask your server in the menu) Her reply was "I don't know, I would have to check" as if I was putting her out. So I just asked for apple, assuming that would be a safe choice. My husband had the Hawaiian beef burger and fries, I had the Hope Princeton Super burger and fries. One of my patties was burnt on one side so I didn't eat that. There was no taste to the meat, it was as if eating cardboard. The fries were underdone and had no flavour even after I salt and peppered them. Coming to a classic 'Diner' I would expect a homemade burger and not a frozen pattie worth about $1.50. For the $15.00 burger I was disappointed and service is rough around the edges. It's more like a truck stop or biker hang out. I won't be coming back as the prices are too high for the quality of the food.

2 Thank Jdnv