“Home Restaurant Not What It Use To Be!”
Review of Home Restaurant

Home Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Hope
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle. WA
“Home Restaurant Not What It Use To Be!”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I've eaten at this restaurant a half dozen times over the last couple of years. Just this past week I ate there and was aware of a few things: the prices have gone up (understandable); the portions are smaller; and the quality of food wasn't up to the previous occasions. Eating there was still satisfactory but I didn't leave feeling that I had gotten an above average meal. Even the pie a la mode which was almost $6 (Canadian dollars) was nothing to write home about. Next time I'm in Hope I might try one of the other restaurants.

• Hebrew first
abbotsford
“Before you go in and get stuck like us...”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We had breakfast in Home Restaurant in Hope on our way through to Kamloops. We ordered breakfast and we waited and waited...40 minutes later, it came, the waitress was the worst I have ever came across, we were told "not too much longer now" not one sorry for it taking so long, not even when it finally made it, and I said "wow, that took a long time" she said "they are very busy" that was it, not sorry for that, nothing. There were about six cooks in the kitchen, and about four waitresses, so don't pull that on me, when people were eating and leaving, before we were even thought of by the forgetful cooks. At least a sorry would have been nice. I will never go to this place again, nor will I even stop in hope for any meal, it to me is a rude town, this waitress gives them all a bad name in my books.