“Hope you're Hungry!”

Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Hope
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The Home Restaurant is almost Always very busy. The portions are HUGE and the prices reasonable. They have a lot of 'real down home' items on their menu, ie: Meatloaf/ meat pies, Liver and Onions etc..
The service is good and the waitresses very friendly. I would suggest getting there early for both lunch and dinner. I've seen them near full capacity as late as 9 pm so don't be surprised if there is a wait list. The only thing I really did not like about this restaurant is that it can be very noisy, otherwise I would definitely recommend having a meal here~

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We have stopped here 3 or 4 times before so obviously we enjoyed the food. This time however we were seated quickly and our order was taken fairly fast but we waited at least 40 to 45 minutes to get our two deluxe burgers!! Perhaps this restaurant and probably so many others should pay their cooks a decent wage so they could attract some more help for their kitchens. (not sure what their problem was that day, Friday, May 2nd around 11am). Will probably give it a pass next time if it looks busy!!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Thought we would go out of our way to have lunch here. I thought the Chicken curry soup sounded good. Turned out it was a gluey, floury, bland mess. I had my heart set on liver and onions because it is hard to find on menus these days. It looked good on the plate, but when I cut into it, it ran red. It was not nearly cooked!

They gave us my husband's meal free which was nice, but I was disappointed and grossed out by seeing the blood on my plate.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Visited for breakfast. I have a theory with diners, if there is a carousel of great looking pies at the entry, guaranteed they have good food too! Theory proved to be right again! The diner has a cozy atmosphere. Server was very cheery and welcoming early in the morning. Coffee was hot and good. Breakfast was served quickly with a smile! We had everything we needed at the table, service was excellent! Breakfast was good, with gigantic pancakes!! Bacon was a little over salted, but okay. Price of breakfast was reasonable. I would go back for sure when in town.....those huge, delicious pies will invite you in as well!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Nothing fancy but good traditional home cooked food. The coconut pie is great. I had the special of steak,prawns,mashed potatoes and green beans. Loved it. Anytime I stay in Hope I will be eating here. The staff is very friendly and makes sure you are looked after.