“Excellent place to eat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Home Restaurant

Home Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Hope
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sexsmith
“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good breakfast, if you like bacon, you will really enjoy the bacon and eggs! Thick slices of bacon mmmmmm!

Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
“Good (but not as good as last time)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I ate here once a few years ago and had good memories, so stopped in again on a recent trip through town. My portion WAS huge and the service was friendly, but the pancakes were ho hum. Too bad it was too early in the day for pie!

• Visited May 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Good home cooking, HUGE portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stopped here for lunch both on the way to Vancouver and back again. Friendly staff, and efficient service.

Our first time there, we had breakfast. Not much you can do with bacon and eggs, although they were well-cooked and tasty, but the side orders of toast and home fries were huge. We left completely full. On our return it was lunchtime. I ordered a monte cristo with salad on the side, but by the time I'd finished the salad, I realized I couldn't finish the sandwich. My wife had the same problem - eating her burger, but being unable to even start on her fries. We had both packed 'to go' and had them for supper that evening!

If you're looking for a 'trucker's meal', big servings of fresh-cooked food, this is a great place to stop.The menu is quite varied, but heavy on the traditional 'home cooking' items. Don't look for anything too fancy, just regular meat-and-potatoes dishes, but expect your food to be well-cooked and tasty. Burgers and fries, pancakes and eggs for breakfast, hot sandwiches, pasta dishes and schnitzel, and even a seniors menu. Advertised as "Good old comfort food", the home restaurant delivers.

• Visited June 2013
Alberta Canada
“Best place to eat in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great menu; food and service fast; always busy here. The food tastes fresh. Huge portions. Desserts look fabulous.

Visited June 2013
Aldergrove
“Hopeless in Hope - A Full Parking Lot Does Not Equate with Good Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I do not get the fascination with this place. The parking lot is always semi-full to brimming. Is there a company that lends cars to restaurants just for this purpose?

My first two visits were disappointing. Don't ask what I ordered. I can't remember. But I do remember asking myself the same question: What's the fascination?

However, that full parking lot is hard to resist. Did I miss something? So, we're onto round three, and the meal is well-remembered - for the wrong reason. The "homestyle" turkey consisted of bland white meat, gravy that tasted like it came from a package, a tiny teaspoon of cranberry sauce, and carrots. Lotsa, lotsa carrots. I am not a horse. A green vegetable with less carrots would have been nice.

My last visit was concurrent with the Rambo Festival. The restaurant was crawling with Rambophiles. Is that the fascination? They go there to experience what army food is really like?

Either that or the Vancouver foodies keep filling that parking lot - just so they can talk about the bad food all the way to the Interior?

• Visited October 2012