“Impeccably clean rooms..NOT!!”

Royal Lodge Motel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Hope
“Impeccably clean rooms..NOT!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in ever in my life. 100 bucks for a dirty crack shack. Barf! There were shavings in the sink and the carpets were filthy. Everything was so nasty but it was 2 am after driving through a snow storm and everywhere else looked so busy!! I feel so gross and that was 2 weeks ago.

Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014

the sign advertised that it was "impeccably clean" and had the "best rates"...so naturally, i decided to stay there, being the gullible person that i am. the other motels/hotels near there looked pretty busy so i figured this one would be a better option, because they may have more rooms available. when i checked in, the guy said it was going to be $84+tax, i found that to be pretty expensive for a motel, but i had never been to Hope so i wasn't sure what rates were like in that area. i paid the fee ($96 with tax) and went into the room....it was gross. super old, the bathtub had rust and had a leaky faucet. the sheets had some weird stains on them (wasn't sure if it was just fabric softener, but i didn't wanna take a chance) ...i went back to get a refund, and the guy tried to sell me a cheaper rate in a "better room". seeing how old this hotel was on the inside, i highly doubted there was a better room so he finally agreed to give me a refund and i went somewhere else. next time, i am going to look at the room before paying.

Room Tip: just don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Hope hotels

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Royal Lodge Motel was the perfect place for me, as I was looking for a place in the center of the city. The motel is located in Hope's center, where many attractions are close by. The Hope Museum, the Othello Tunnels, and the Hope Recreational Complex are just some of the attractions I visited during my stay. The experience in the motel itself could not have been better. Sitting from the top floor, I had access to a million dollar view. The beds were extremely comfortable. The owner and his wife were extremely polite and courteous. I would definitely recommend this Motel.

Room Tip: The Hope Recreational Complex was in walking distance from the place.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great place clean cozy affordable and very polite accomadating staff My room had clean white towels and all the bedding was fresh and smelled clean I had an excellent sleep.Before coming here I checked the Herritage inn the rooms smelled really weird and the bed was lumpy staff was RUDE and they had all kinds of crazy rules. My stay at the Royal lodge was worth coming back for another stay.good job staff

• Stayed December 2011
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Upon arrival the whole lobby reeked of curry and was very messy, I should have went with my gut feeling, which was to leave, but ended up deciding to give it a try. When I went to put my key into the door, it just opened by itself and it wouldn't lock with the key, so we couldn't leave the room if we wanted to because it wouldn't lock from the outside. The window was also open a crack. Furniture looked like it was from a garage sale, including the TV. Very poor lighting. The lamp had a burn hole in it. The mirror was cracked. There was a picture that was about 8 inches inches from the floor (maybe covering a hole?)

The bathroom had a broken toilet seat, and no fan. The shower head broke while I was using it and it was about 5 feet up so it was hitting my chest.

The wifi was terrible. You had to log in everytime. The microwave kept beeping so we had to unplug it.

The room just looked generally run down and the sign said "best house keeping", that was a joke.

For 10 dollars more, I would recommend going right next door to the Heritage Inn, it's like staying at the Hilton compared to this place.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Bailey9998
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Went to hope this past week on a whim to do some hiking. Checked out a couple of different places and when we stopped here we looked at the room and wasn't blown away by it but then again most of the accomidations in Hope are older. We told the owner we were going to go check out some other places and he asked us what price we were looking for. We told him and he reluctantly said he'd do it for $5 less. So we decided to stay. The tv in our room would not switch channels so we had him come check it out. He said he's had this problem before but seemed a bit miffed we expected it to work. He couldn't get it fixed so we moved to a different room. Tv worked. This place is by no means fancy but all we were doing was sleeping and showering there so it was sufficient. Owners wife was very friendly but whole he acted friendly to you there was something lurking under the surface.

• Stayed September 2012
Beautiful BC
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Host (owner-operator) was very kind and accomodating, anxious to please. Rate very reasonable. Sheets clean. Motel is very dated, but if looking for a quiet place with comfortable bed to sleep in Hope, this may be the answer. Fridge with small freezer for holding cooler contents overnight very helpful too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends