“Nature lovin goodness”

Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Hope
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Drive the Scenic Fraser Canyon with its’ seven mountain tunnels through the historic heart of British Columbia and relive the biggest ‘rush’ on the Gold Rush Trail. A location so unique the ‘afterlife’ have come back to use it as a playground. Early explorers refer to it as “a place where no human being should venture”, and man & nature battle here for supremacy.
Burnaby, Canada
“Nature lovin goodness”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

went on opening day in april 2013 on a bright and sunny day. great experience with not a lot of people around so early in the season. don't go expecting the thrill of a lifetime.. this is an experience for the nature lover who simply likes to sit back and enjoy gorgeous surroundings. also went with a 2-for-1 coupon.. $20 per person without the coupon is just a little on the steep side in my opinion.

for those looking for less of a touristy experience, supposedly theres a hike that leads to where the gondola takes you as well.. in which case you save about $7 for a one-way lift back to the parking lot. wish i had known about it beforehand..probably would have wanted to try that instead.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chatham, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Hell's Gate, Hope, British Columbia”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great day spent here. Lots to see and do. Fun for all the family. Learn't a lot about the early explorers and salmon fishing. The cable car is fun and the walk up to the train tracks is easy but affords good views.

Visited September 2012
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Don't just drive by”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stopped at Hell's Gate Airtram on our way home from Vancouver last summer. I had been on the tram once before, when I was still in my teens and thought it would be interesting to go again now. The ride is spectacular! The information center at the bottom is worth a visit. There were salmon running when we were there, and it was interesting to see the way the river had been to developed to assist the fish on their way. There was some interesting things to look at, but the shops and such weren't so great. I think it is something that we would probably do again, but not in the to near future.

Visited July 2012
Mission, Canada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fun, a bit scary, and lots to learn”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I took my kids there 15 years ago, and now take my grandkids. If you have a fear of heights, this might not be for you (there is an optional walking path, I think), but even the youngest in our crew loved it. Lots of history and info about the natural world - great for school kids studying BC history, or enviornmentalists. Fun, exciting, but a bit expensive. Its worth looking for discount coupons. They have a free family day, a Thanksgiving pumpkin toss, and other special events. I avoid the gift shop and restaurant to save money; bring along a picnic to enjoy anywhere on the trip (Alexandria Bridge is close and has picnic tables). However, the ice-cream at Hell's Gate is worth the spurge.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bethsdottir
Hope, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Never Took The Time; Glad We Did”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Hell's Gate Airtram was always something we flew past when I was a kid and rather than trying to find the time to stop, we made IT the reason to go.

The history, the ride in the tram, the staff and the attraction once you are across (which I had no idea was even there) was fantastic. The restaurant/cafeteria was ok, a little pricey for what you get but when you're in between major cities in the Fraser Canyon, its to be expected.

We panned for gold, ate fudge, enjoyed the theatre, shops, etc. Great bit of history!

Visited May 2012