“It was meant to be!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 293 Wallace Street Restaurant

293 Wallace Street Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Hope
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The chefs at 293 Wallace Street Restaurant rarely look farther than 150 kilometres away for their meats and produce, sourcing organic ingredients from farmers throughout the Fraser Valley whenever possible. These ingredients lend harvest-fresh flavours to their eclectically influenced menu, which includes aged-in-house Angus steaks alongside traditional Creole, Indian, and Italian entrees. They also whisk together all of their own sauces and dressings, and modify dishes to accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free diets. The restaurant features outdoor seating for scowling at clouds during the warmer seasons, and shelters guests with rich earth tones and dark wooden accents within the dining room. Red tulips add vibrant splashes to the decor, as do the tabletop colouring sheets that busy children's hands pre-meal.
Sechelt, Canada
“It was meant to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

On a recent trip back from Alberta, we stopped in Hope for lunch. First, we tried the Home Restaurant where there was a 15 minute wait for a table. After driving around, we pulled into a pub (sorry, forget the name of it) where we were told their power had just gone off but the fellow there told us about 293 Wallace Street. We decided to check it out, and were very glad we did!
I hadn't eaten duck since I was very young and don't remember if I even liked it. But I went for the duck breast salad, as did my travelling companion, and we were not disappointed. The whole experience was amazing and I would definitely make 293 Wallace St. my destination next time I go through Hope.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unexpected pleasure in a small town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

(Until recently, this restaurant was known as Joe's)

It is a testament to my love for my husband that I was willing to share my duck salad with fresh flower and pear garnish. I am a pescetarian about 99.5% of the time, but the idea of roasted local struck me as the right idea. It was delicious. Perfect (big) pieces of duck. Cooked just right. Crisp and tender greens. Succulent pear slices. And those beautiful flowers.

Don't miss the truffle fries; they are well-prepared and well-seasoned.

Othello tunnels, 293 Wallace, and Bridal Veil Falls: a perfect day out.

Mississauga, Canada
“Nice surprise in a small town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We used trip advisor to search for places to eat in our quick stop in Hope. We went to the #1 and weren't overwhelmed. So walked down the street to the "#2". Let me tell you, this the NUMBER ONE!

We had the Confit Duck and Brie, the Full Pork Nachos, Bacon Mac and Cheese and Fish and Chips. Note to self, get the small portion of the nachos as they are HUGE. Everything was incredibly delicious. If I remember correctly, the menu is mostly local.

If you are in Hope, run straight there! PS it's now called the 293 Wallace St Restaurant.

Victoria, BC
“Delightful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

A 'big city' dining experience in downtown Hope! Fabulous food, great ambience, and excellent service - what more could anyone ask for!

Visited July 2014
Vancouver, BC, CAD
“Amusing glass placement ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Appears this place has changed ownership. This is my first time here, and the street appeal is very inviting. Once inside we were greeted well and our party of three were seated immediately. Our server was Alexis and she helped us with the wine selection and appies we ended up with wings! The menu was simple yet interesting. The sirloin lamb was just right, and had a very interesting flavor. For some reason I kept getting my wine and water glass placed on my left each time folks from the kitchen showed up, I found it amusing! I would go here again, if only for the amusement :-)