“First B & B”

and 1 more site!
High Hopes Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was the first B & B we have stayed at in North America and it did not disappoint. This contemporary house was immaculate in its presentation and decoration. We were greeted most pleasantly by the business like but very friendly owner. Following the check in we ordered breakfast for the next morning and were shown to our room. the next morning the breakfast was as ordered and of excellent quality and quantity

The room was very well equipped and decorated and had all mod cons'. The bathroom was en-suite and likewise very clean and well supplied. The bed were extremely comfortable.

The only issue was the trains which noisily make their presence known through the night as they pass through Hope. However, I would not hesitate to stay there again if we travelled this way in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms very good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We did not realize it was your first B & B in Canada and it appears we did not disappoint. I trust your remaining stay in our beautiful country lived up to your expectations.

There are newer reviews for High Hopes Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I spent a night at High Hopes on our way through to Vancouver. We wanted to explore the area and we are glad that we did - its exceptionally beautiful. And we are happy that we stayed at High Hopes B&B too. It is a modern home with a spectacular view across the town of Hope, and its surrounded by exquisite mountains. The hosts are friendly and kind and we felt very much at home. The Whistler suite is definitely worth staying in. Its spacious, comfy and offers an incredible view from your own balcony. The bed is comfortable, the shower pressure is great and the water is hot. There is a nice tub to relax in too. In the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast, coffee or tea is served at your door. Talk about spoilt! Breakfast was good too. We are not really B&B kind of people, but I can honestly say that this was a good experience. The hosts are friendly, and yet respect your privacy - a good balance. And the wi-fi is both free and fast.

Room Tip: Get the Whistler suite. The Bear room is at the back of the house and doesn't offer a view, and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SagMoonTravels
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed a week at High Hopes, and I have no idea what MexicoCrazy68 is on about. The house is modern and beautiful, the room (Whistler Suite) supremely comfortable, spacious and offers a beautiful view. Breakfast was absolutely stellar as they managed to vary it for every single morning - with a cup of coffee and a little pastry at the door a little half hour before. I would like to extend my gratitude to Larry and Pauline who are both very hospitable and friendly. No hotel I have ever stayed in is even close to this level of comfort and value.

Room Tip: The Whistler Suite is beautiful, so I will easily recommend to spend the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at High Hopes B & B recently for a weekend getaway from Vancouver. The house is lovely and the views are picture perfect. Pauline and Larry were friendly and welcoming - they obviously enjoy their work. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable - it was the perfect place to spend the extra hour we had while the clocks went back! Thank you!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on High Hopes B & B. We enjoyed having you stay with us. Hope the bed information was sufficient and the "brolly" arrived home safe and sound.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in high hope's enroute to banff from Vancouver. We had a lovely stay. Pauline was very friendly, the house is beautiful and the room was nice. We had a good rest and filled our belly's with a yummy breakfast before hitting the road. Thanks again :)

• Stayed: November 2013
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your mini working vacation to write a review on High Hopes Bed and Breakfast. It is very encouraging to read some good and honest remarks and makes it all worthwhile. I do hope you got in some good skiing and I am sure you would be able to take some excellent photographs. Thank you too for being so considerate in offering to deliver an item left by a previous guest. That was above and beyond the call of duty and I truly appreciate it.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at High Hopes B&B Oct 18&19 as a much needed get away from the kids !! Although I found Pauline friendly on the phone unfortunately that was not the case in person.We had to ask for most things that were stated on the website as included which was uncomfortable. There are no self serve amenities such as a fridge and microwave in the room we even had to ask for some ice, the bed spread was very worn and piling and we found dirty stuff in the bathroom sink area and when we told Pauline about it she stated that her dad uses the room when there are no guests like "tmi" and looked at us like what do you expect kind of thing and the rooms are located within their house and personal space which also felt uncomfortable especially when you could hear them down the hall, The breakfasts were very plain and small our second and last morning there we were served omelettes so small they were ridiculous .Look elsewhere we certainly don't feel we got our money's worth!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MexicoCrazy68
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am deeply disturbed that anyone would think we are not living up to our expectations, so I feel I should respond to some of your remarks.

When you enquired as to whether we had a microwave and fridge in the Whistler suite, you were informed that we did not, but you could use the full-sized fridge just ten steps from your room and you seemed quite happy with this arrangement.

I was terribly upset when you complained about the "garbage" in your room as my cleaning is normally immaculate. On inspection, the "garbage" (a soap wrapper and two unused Q-tips) was found to be hidden in a dummy pull-down drawer on the front of one of the sinks! An easy place to miss.

My quilts are brand new every three months and I apologise if the one you used was not up to your usual standards. It has since been replaced.

Finally, the breakfast of bacon and mushroom omelette, toast, jam, orange juice and as much coffee as you wanted was, I admit, not up to the smoked salmon that you had requested, but I don't think you will find many B & Bs serving smoked salmon, at least not for the price you paid.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

As parents of two, who recently got married we never got time away to be just us so the opportunity came along that we would be able to get a whole weekend away and we were beyond excited!! We searched for a beautiful, well priced b and b and found High Hopes! Not only were Pauline and Larry very friendly and welcoming but their home was absolutely beautiful!! The home made wine was the perfect addition to the amazing view from the Whistler room, and the home made breakfast in the morning while enjoying the view was the icing on the cake! Our mini-moon was exactly what we wanted it to be with the help of the amazing location and hospitality of High Hopes bed and breakfast!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

We were so pleased that you chose High Hopes Bed and Breakfast for your mini-moon. What a lovely word, I'll have to remember that! Most people, like yourselves, find us very accommodating, especially when we truly want you to have a relaxing time.