“Our mini-moon getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hope B&B and Inns
Mission, British Columbia, Canada
“Our mini-moon getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

As parents of two, who recently got married we never got time away to be just us so the opportunity came along that we would be able to get a whole weekend away and we were beyond excited!! We searched for a beautiful, well priced b and b and found High Hopes! Not only were Pauline and Larry very friendly and welcoming but their home was absolutely beautiful!! The home made wine was the perfect addition to the amazing view from the Whistler room, and the home made breakfast in the morning while enjoying the view was the icing on the cake! Our mini-moon was exactly what we wanted it to be with the help of the amazing location and hospitality of High Hopes bed and breakfast!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We were so pleased that you chose High Hopes Bed and Breakfast for your mini-moon. What a lovely word, I'll have to remember that! Most people, like yourselves, find us very accommodating, especially when we truly want you to have a relaxing time.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Silvana, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at the High Hopes Bed and Breakfast which I cannot recommend highly enough. It is perched above the river valley with amazing views of the mountains. All the rooms are incredibly well appointed, with an additional lounge area for guests. My favorite things about this B&B include:
◾The beds were really comfortable.
◾Our host, Pauline, brought me coffee and a muffin first thing in the morning, even before breakfast. Oh, and the breakfasts are very yummy.
◾The view at night from my balcony (every room has one) was stunning, with dense stars surrounded by a ring of mountains.
High Hopes was a great place to stay while exploring the Fraser River Valley. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. Many of our guests have complimented us on our comfortable beds and of course, the view is truly fabulous. Our Whistler suite guests are always treated to coffee or tea and muffins before breakfast as a little extra. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again if you are ever up this way.
Oxton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

High Hopes is a very special Bed & Breakfast owned and run by two very special people.
Perched high on the mountain, overlooking the little town from which it takes its name, you will find a real welcome to Pauline and Larry's stunning home.
There are three magnificent guest bedrooms, all with outstanding en-suite bathrooms; two are approached up a fabulous curved staircase, past an indoor waterfall. There is even a utility room for guests to make that early morning or afternoon drink and an elevated sitting area with panoramic views over the valley.
Breakfasts are cooked to order using the freshest of locally sourced ingredients and are likely to include one or more of Pauline's home-made treats.
With so much to do in the area we stayed for three nights after the easy drive from Vancouver and wished that it could have been for longer.
And the trains in the valley below? Clear, fresh mountain air, whitewater rafting, walking and bicycling meant that when I climbed between the softest of bed-sheets, I was very soon asleep, dreaming of the next day's adventures. I can say, honestly, that I heard only one train in our three nights and that just added to the magic of High Hopes.
Thank you again Pauline and Larry; we will be back and that's a promise.

Room Tip: All rooms are just perfect; The Eagle and the Bear rooms are ideal for a family or two couples trave...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BRCOxton_Wirral
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you sooooo much for your wonderful review. To be able to "wow" such well-travelled people as yourself and your lovely partner, is truly fantastic. Our little town of Hope has so many varied attractions to entertain our visitors, i.e. golfing, hiking, boating and gliding to name a few. Not too far away, we have whitewater rafting, hang-gliding, the Othello tunnels, the Hope Slide and Hellsgate. We hope you can find time in your busy schedule to return to our beautiful B.C. and maybe an experience with hang-gliding could be arranged!!!!!!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this bed and breakfast on route to Vancouver from Calgary and so pleased that we did. It broke the drive and we had a relaxing evening and felt refreshed. The location is in Hope and easy to find, parking is right there and the home is beautiful and extremely clean and well kept. We stayed in the Whistler Suite which was very spacious and private and comfortable. The house itself is nicely decorated and you feel welcomed right from your arrival. Our host Larry, showed us to our room and gave us directions because we wanted to do a run after sitting all day. We ran through the community in which the B&B is located and all the homes there are also beautiful. Everyone was out walking there dog and greeted us and seemed very friendly, we ahd a very good vibe from the community. We returned and it was the little things like giving us a pitcher of ice water and helping us order a pizza which was delivered. We showered in the outstanding 3 head shower including a rainfall head and then relaxed on the private deck outside our room enjoying the veiw and our pizza. Our bed was very very comfortable with great linens. The room had a fan, a ceiling fan and ac to meet your needs. The only noise was a train which passed through as it close to the train tracks. There was a flat screen tv with several chanels to watch from bed if you wanted. We heard no noise from the house. In the morning our breakfast was beautifully laid out with cloth napkins and fine china. We had the continental breakfast which was homemade muffins, 2 kinds, 3 types of homemade jam, fresh fruit and yogurt. We met Pauline in the morning, the hostess and cook. Both hosts are personable and down to earth people, allowing your own space. We had an excellent stay and would highly recommend it. We plan to go back to Vancouver next year for the Sea Wheeze marathon and will stay again

Room Tip: the whistler suite has everything you could want
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to write such a long review about High Hopes Bed and Breakfast. I am so glad that you spent some time running around our friendly neighbourhood and obviously felt really comfortable about doing so. Larry and I enjoyed having you and your daughter stay and we are both in awe of your marathon accomplishments. As we are just two hours east of Vancouver, we hope you will stop by next year on your way in to the city.
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The welcome was very friendly. Pauline showed us her beautiful house and presented the breakfast options to us. You have the choice between a bacon-egg breakfast and a continental one. However, Pauline is also open for some new creations if you ask her. The breakfast is really big and delicious! We booked the Whistler Suite so we got every morning a wake up tea and homemade cake before the actual breakfast. We really enjoyed this! Pauline is from Great Brittain so the tea selection is quiet big is really good. Not only because of the wake up pre-breakfast but also because of the huge tub would I recommend booking the Whistler Suite. Everything for the bath is provided in the room including bath robe, shampoo, etc.

The Whistler Suite includes as well a balcony. It is a very long balcony. The right side of the balcony belongs to the Suite and the other one to the owners. There is no fence on the balcony but we did not feel that this would be a privacy issue. The owners were never on the balcony and they would never go to the Whistler Suite side. We had a lot of privacy there in contrast to other BnBs. However, if you like to chat with the owners they are open for it. If you are lucky you might hear some nice stories from Paulines dad who travelled the world and is very lovely!

From the balcony you can see as well some rails. However, there is not much traffic. From the inside of the house you do not hear anything thanks to special windows. For those with very good ears Pauline put some earplugs in the nightstand.

Thank you for everything!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review through Trip Advisor. I trust you are now back in Germany and you still have your treasured flip flops. And I am still laughing and telling people the story of the boiled eggs. It was so nice to meet such friendly and appreciative people as you two were. If you ever return to this part of Canada, please come and visit us again.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My dad and I stayed here for one night on our driving holiday of beautiful Canada. Pauline was very accommodating of our late arrival and early departure. The house is beautifully designed with an amazing view over the town of Hope. The bedroom was immaculate as well as the bathroom with all the features one would want!
Pauline and Larry made us feel very at home even though it was just one night! We loved the dogs being around they provided much entertainment. Pauline cooked us a delicious breakfast and was able to answer my dad's many questions about the town and weather!
Overall we are very happy that we chose to stop in Hope and stay with Pauline and Larry at High Hopes B&B!
Thank you for making our trip special!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

"High Hopes" Bed and Breakfast is one of the NICEST B&B's I have been at.
My Mother and I stayed there for a Mothers day, Mother and Daughter weekend, and we were spoiled!.
We stayed in the Luxurious "Whistler suite", With the "Breathtaking" View of the Mountains, River, and tree tops. The beautiful soaker tub in the room, the double head open shower with over head Rain shower and the feel of polished river rock under my feet......Ahhhhh....I felt like I died and gone to heaven!.
My Mother and I felt like Royalty! The Hosts "Pauline" and "Larry" made sure we had the nicests stay, and thought of every little detail... We were served coffee and a muffin delivered to our room in the Morning in Special Mugs...."Yummy Mommy"(for my Mom for Mothers day, and "special friend" for me. (My mother really is my best friend!) Sweet added touch!

The House is STUNNING! and I LOVED how comfortable Pauline and Larry make you feel. Within minuites after a beautiful hand made breakfast was served in the GORGEOUS kitchen nook overlooking the View of golf course and trees, I knew I had found a couple of great peopIe I want to stay friends with!!
Relaxed, yet attentive to your every need. I hope to Return to "High Hopes" one day soon with my Boyfriend, and I will for sure tell everyone about this amazing weekend!
Thank you Pauline and Larry!

Room Tip: Whistler room is Truely a pampering experience. The trains in the background lul you to sleep, and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hopebb, Owner at High Hopes Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you Colleen for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review for High Hopes Bed and Breakfast. I must say that you and your lovely mom were the perfect guests and very appreciative of anything we did for you. We hope that you and your boyfriend don't wait too long before you come back to Hope. For such a small town, there is something for everyone here and if you just want to have a "lazy" day, that's okay too!