See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

It had been a long day and we found ourselves after midnight in hope. I knew I couldn’t last any longer and started trying
to find a 2 bed situation for the night. I had made the mistake of staying at the “not so lucky cigarette place” on the way down so didn’t want that again (rusted gas oven from 40s...need I say more) and not cheap either. So we drove down the strip witnessing shocking gouging going on at that time of night. By this time it’s very late and we noticed the Canadas best value inn and that someone was coming out of the office. So we went in and spoke with the nicest and most helpful desk woman. She had 1 room left that would fit our needs and DID NOT overcharge or try to gouge at all! She was very gracious and even offered to help with my bags. By the time I got into bed it was after 2am. I have sleep issues when traveling so the next morning, still tired, I forgot something important I need when travelling in the room and didn’t notice until I unpacked the next day after we got home. I phoned and that same sweet voiced woman and then the nice owner who said it was likely in lost and found. Anyway, it arrived today and they paid for postage! I intend to pay them back of course but WOW, what service and kindness!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2019

Read reviews before stopping here and we aren't sure where they came from but most are inaccurate. We aren't picky people and being an oilfield employee, have put up with a lot of crap motels over the years. We checked the room briefly and checked in but obviously I should have turned on the light. Huge, stinky stains on carpet, toilet seat was worn out, stains on sheets. Disgusting and uncomfortably dirty. We decided to bite the bullet and put up with it, turned the heat to max and went for supper. Came back, room was still quite cold, and that was enough to make us call reception and complain to no avail. She said we had checked room so no refund. We left without refund and went to hotel down the street. Will be calling the chain headquarters to complain. Save yourself grief and go up the street.

Room tip: Save your money... go up the street
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
msinghgill, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - Hope, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2019

Dear manywheels,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not have a positive experience during your stay. We have a policy of calling every guest once they are in the room to make sure everything is good and we did not receive any complaint from you. The receptionist offered extra heaters which you had declined. We try our best to accommodate every guest to the best of our abilities, and we are sorry you were not satisfied.

We hope you will give us a chance again in the near future, to make your experience better with us. Thank you and hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

At the time of writing this review, this motel was #18 out of 20 rated in Hope and I can understand why. The people who work there are great. No problem there. They are helpful and courteous and appear to be one large family.

But almost all of the other motels in Hope have invested money to update their facilities. The room I had still had an old box TV, the sink was chipped, the walls were patched and the furniture could have been updated better with Thrift Shop stuff. The bedspread had been laundered a thousand times to the point it looked dirty (and everyone knows that hotels don’t launder these things unless they have to)

The pillows were so thin, even putting two together hardly did the trick.

Yet, they charge the same rate as the better motels down the street.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Jack L,

Thank you for your review. We are thankful you enjoyed the service but sorry you did not like the rooms. We are continuously changing things in the rooms.We do hope you will give us another chance, and we are sure you will like the changes that have been made.

Thanks and regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Has all the basics and would be half decent with just a touch of attention to detail like tub plugs and cleaning behind furniture and fixtures once in a while. Staff were friendly though and it was cheap.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Sara Lynn J,

Thank you for the review. We are continuously updating our rooms.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

We loved both these towns in British Columbia. Had a great time walking around. Very historic. Went and walked over the Kicking Horse Pedestrian Bridge. Walked all through Hope and they have many wooden monuments carved by chainsaws.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear JudyW,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your trip to BC. We hope to see you again next summer!

Thanks and regards,