“Sleep at last”
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Arrived after 26 hours on travel from Norway, it showed that our reservation of 2 double rooms has 'dissapeared'. We just got the message it was full, but they had some single rooms available. The staff turned around and fixed extra beds so we got our rooms and had a good nights sleep at last. Good service.The price we had got when reserving on the net showed to be too low, but since it was not our mistake, we got the lower price. After a good sleep we drove into Fraser Canyon the next day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very well run and good value for money! The manager was very accomodating when we needed extra room for our family. Rooms were very clean and well cared for. There is an excellent restaurant just down the street as well as gas stations close by. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for newer units
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Judging from the number of motels, rather than hotels, along the main strip it seems like Hope is more a stop over than a destination. We arrived at dusk and after driving up and back decided that the Heritage Inn looked the best from the road: flowers in front, well kept and busy. We made a good choice as it was the best sleep of our road trip. The beds were very comfortable, rooms well kept and very clean, nice size flat screen TV, WiFi, fridge, coffee and off the road enough to be quiet. The fellow at the front desk was helpful and friendly. Too bad we had to get up early and couldn't sleep in a bit longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We drove around hope looking for a place to stay when we saw heritage inn..We found this place very clean inside and out ,comfortable and the staff were great and the price was right..its close to restuarants and gas stations and tim hortons..we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor at the end..very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank loafy34
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on my 7 week road trip across Canada & the U.S.
When I pulled into Hope I drove by a number of motels and they all looked the same except for this one. The Heritage Inn really stood out as very clean and manicured from the outside. Just to be sure I drove down to the Shell gas stations and asked one of the locals behind the counter and they recommended this place as the nicest in town without any prompting from me. So my gut feeling was right after all! Either the parking lot was just paved or blacktop seal put down recently because it looked spotless next to the flowers, shrubs, and beautiful landscaping outside. I liked this place so much I wound up staying a second night to give me more time for sight seeing before heading on with my trip. The room was clean, comfortable, with very clean bathroom.
The next morning I walked across the road to the Driftwynd Bistro for one of their famous breakfast bowls and returned later on that night for probably the best dinner of my entire trip...
smoked salmon fettuccine with creamy alfredo sauce and garlic toast with a glass of red wine!
Now I know what you're all thinking...heart attack on a plate...but I couldn't help it...it was soooo good I didn't care at this point...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it and if I ever win Lotto 649 I'm going to fly out there once a week just to eat at this place and stay overnight at the Heritage Inn! Did some sight seeing outside town at the former rail tunnels that are now walkway paths and saw some salmon in the river that runs next to the path...mmm...maybe that's what gave me the idea to get the smoked salmon fettuccine for dinner that night!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Mike H
Reviewed September 21, 2012

When you're booking a hotel room on the internet, wondering if the pictures and claims on a hotel's website will match up to reality when you arrive is always your greatest worry. Worry no more if you're considering a stay at the Heritage Inn. Rooms and were very clean, comfortable, and gave us a great night's sleep on our family road-trip this summer. Staff was friendly and ready to answer our questions. The location is very convenient, within walking distance of all conveniences Hope offers. We loved walking around town and seeing the wood carvings, the mighty Fraser, and the fascinating Othello Tunnels were a short drive away. The hotel even offers a free pass to the rec centre 2 blocks away which we took advantage of. Worth staying here! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Our room was close to the street on the lower level, but vehicle noise wasn't a factor at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Don P
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved staying here overnight as it was a quaint little hotel whose owner has a great personality and runs a wonderful hotel. Very clean and even the dog was pleased! Restaurant nearby was within walking distance and served very good food for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family