“Nice ambiance, good food”
Review of Driftwynd Bistro - CLOSED

Driftwynd Bistro
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Nice ambiance, good food”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The service was good, the meal was good, the price was right. We both had different steaks, they were thin but tasty. Found a new wine I like, a nice shiraz

Visited September 2012
1 Thank jananb

Hope, Canada
“average, but over priced for quaility”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Although I agreee you pay more for good food, this is not a great example. Beautiful restaurant and live piano is a nice touch. Would go for drinks and an appy, but nothing else. Their onion soup was not edible, although purchased as a shared appy for me and my partner, and we were hungry, it was sent back. Neither of us could eat it. They add an odd seasoning to their veggies, was not a good paring. The baked potatoes were cold, wouldn’t even soften the butter. This is our third unsuccessful visit to this restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jay S
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Good quality food and a great view”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Driftwind was one of two very good restaurants we had the pleasure of eating at during our stay. The menu is a little pricey but the food quality and choice is good, as is the service. My husband was especially pleased with the Cajun seafood salad! The interior is modern and pretty spacious and if you can get a window seat, you have a great view of the mountain range.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MippyMoo
Hinton, Canada
“For me this is a 5 star”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I enjoy getting a little dressed up and going out for a special evening. We have really enjoyed the Driftwind twice. This restaurant has Wonderful Food, Atmospere, and Service. When they were In their old location we visited them on New Years Eve the meal was amazing.
I did notice on one of our visits two people who walked in looked at the menu and left complaining about the price.... I believe you do pay a little more for excellant food, and of course the perks of sitting enjoying being pampered for an hour or so. We will go back, I am looking forward to experiance their new location.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank irene h
British Columbia, Canada
“"One of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant anywhere!"”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I are Innkeepers in Hope, BC and this restaurant is one of our personal favorites of ours. As well as for our guest who stay with us. Guests always come back from dinner at the Driftwind with rave reviews!

I have to agree with them! In fact one of the best meals I have EVER enjoyed, came from the Driftwind Bistro! Surprisingly as it may sound this would include some pretty nice restaurants in some pretty large cities in the world while traveling or even some wonderful meals on cruise ships! The Driftwynd still was the winner! This meal was absolutely brilliant! We have had other great meals there as well. We are so thankful to have this wonderful restaurant in Hope and wish them much success. Kindly, Corinna & Paul Yorke
Evergreen B & B, Hope, BC Canada