All reviews bed was comfortable bathroom motel duplex units cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2018

This is not a motel consisting of a bank of brightly lit white painted drywall cookie cutter rooms, and if that's what you need to feel comfortable this isn't it. It is however a unique collection of warm tone slightly European themed units that have their own charm. Most of the units appear to be duplex so they are relatively quiet, sharing as they do with a single neighbour. The managers were pleasant, the bed was comfortable, and there's plenty of parking. That's all I need.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Laphoraigh
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I have no idea how on earth this place gets good ratings.
The only good thing I can san about this place is that is relatively clean. The rest... well where do I start....
Attitude of staff in our arrival.... sorry that we came and disrupted you day....
The room.... on a second floor, no numbers on a door, but there were only 2 rooms and with our luck we tried to open the wrong one :) glad nobody was there!
The stairs that lead to the room are old and steep and if you can't carry your bags up, nobody really cares nor offers help.
The room. Old! It's like you time travelled like 60+ years n the past, the floor uneven and scary to walk on.
To summarize, it's well run down motel, for the price and seeing pictures I was expected more. Stay away if you have mobility issues or just not strong enough to carry your suitcases.
Will never return!

Room tip: Do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lijalit
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

The Swiss chalets was just fine, great for the price point. Very friendly service, clean, cute rooms.
We just stayed the one night passing through and it was exactly what we wanted.
Would recommend. Would stay again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2017

I have no idea how the Swiss Chalets Motel gets a rating of very good on TA. To say that it is ordinary would be flattering. Actually is is quite poor. Run down, broken lamps, cramped, broken tap, only one chair in a double room, etc. It is hard to say anything nice about it. My wife thought the shower was OK. Usually TA gives a fairly accurate picture of motels but in this case I ended up making a poor choice. There are lots of motels in Hope - choose somewhere else.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ron d
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Really nice, clean, also well maintained place.
Also good responsive to customers.
Whenever we ask them, they explain kindly and friendly.
My wife was very satisfied with staying at this place.
They made us very happy.

Date of stay: December 2016