“Great”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Hope
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Would recommend. Clean,quaint and great service for a great price. Had a cottage for the night and was spacious and clean. Comfortable bed too. Right off the road after driving the Fraser Canyon. Owner was really nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LisaJ0695

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

After a long day of driving I was pleased to get off the road. I had made a reservation ahead of time and at first was given a not so pleasant room (room 19). I asked later about a cabin and was very pleased when the front desk gentleman gave me cabin 24. It was all I had hoped it would be. It was very warm out and I appreciated the air conditioning. The bed was comfortable and I loved the quilt. The bathroom was basis but clean. I did not use the kitchen but it looked as though it had everything you would need. I enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: Not Room 19. I was very pleased when I was moved to Cabin 24
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NanooseJill
Spruce Grove, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This vintage 50s cabin is a real challenge to review. It was the compromise property between my W style and my wife's desire to camp.

Pros: huge room (115) with three beds so my son was happy he had a bed vs a cot. The view was beautiful and there was a nice little patio to sit out on...

Con: the room was largely unused because we were afraid of 1) smell 2) potential for bugs and 3) whatever was lurking around the corner. There were no less than ten styles of wood paneling in the property of various styles and colours. Nothing a fresh cost of paint couldn't solve. Bathroom very dated and the door stuck, so when I used it first thing in the am was afraid it would wake up the whole family. Plus - five checked in and 2 towels...could have been better prepped.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Brad F
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

A cute place, very nice front desk folks (owners?), and a surprisingly large room (a suite, really) in one of the cabins. Bathroom is small (no tub, just shower) but perfectly workable, cabin itself was plenty roomy, bed was comfortable. The air conditioning was a plus as it was pretty warm out, and the white noise helped drown out potential traffic sounds (it's on a fairly busy road but it didn't bother us during the night). One extra note: I forgot & left my pillow here on our trip up, so we stopped by on our way back home, 4 days later- and they had it! So that was good. Very nice people who run the place. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: As the road it's on can be busy, you might want to ask for a room at the back of the property, i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kiraboo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The title basically says it all. You get everything you need including fridge and microwave. The owner is very nice and showed me to my room and how things worked. The water pressure was a little low and the hot water could fade during a shower. The shower stall (no tub) was cramped and the bathroom door height was low (I'm just over 6' and I'd bump my head if I didn't bend down a little).

The room was clean and the bed comfortable so overall it was good and I would recommend it however, again, temper your expectations because it is quaint but basic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Campbell River, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The first time I stayed here was over 25 years ago during one of the famious snow storms that shut down the mountain roads. Hope hotels were full and we found this place by accident.. We have stayed here on many ocasions. It is very quant. Not a five star by any stretch but I doubt if any high value place could match the gunine welcome that you receive. There is room for truck and RV as well as trails to walk on .

With our busy life and business routine there are times to drop down to the plain and simple things that are all around us. This motel is such a place. The rates are around the 60 dollar range which reflects the age but it is clean and convient.
I highly recommend this place for family's travelling with children as they have kitchenette facilities.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank rowboatbuilder
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way back to Vancouver and it was a very good experience. We were early to book in but the very pleasant owner suggested a place to eat so we parked up and came back in an hour. Our chalet was very sweet, very clean; a huge bed, flat screen TV (with the best channels on all the hotels we stayed in Canada) a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and kettle all you need really. The linen and towels were lovely and soft better than some 4* hotels so we were very happy with this quaint little place. The free WIFI was a bit hit and miss but for one night who cares a lovely motel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple