All reviews coffee maker room was clean amenities motel pet sleep vancouver
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Whilst a basic type of motel, the staff were friendly, the room was clean and had all needed for a good nights rest. The location for Hope is great, close enough to walk to the town center to have a drink and a meal. Although be aware, most restaurants close at 9pm.

Room tip: All rooms seem to be the same in terms of location.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018

This was really a quaint little place, clean with great views of the mountains, but way over priced for this outdated little motel. Could really use some TLC. Like the chairs outside the door for a smoker like my husband.

Room tip: Quaint, quiet, nice location for the town but overpriced. Just my opinion.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2018

This is reminiscent of the motels I remember from my youth, aside from some obvious upgrades it's a real blast from the past. That said, if you're looking for modern, something like a big chain or even a Motel 6, this is not for you. If you simply want a clean and well appointed room, can overlook the age and all then I do recommend.

In the summer, Hope's motel prices are (unbelievably) impacted by the incredibly high accommodation prices and low vacancy rates of Vancouver. So, don't expect $100 a night, it's a little pricey even this far out. What you will get here however, is a full kitchen, dishes, coffee maker, microwave, stove, we had two fridges, and a kitchen table. Our air-conditioning actually worked just fine (it's remote controlled, don't try to adjust the actual unit). It was the hottest day of the summer and the a/c just managed to keep up, way better than in many modern hotels I've stayed at recently. The wi-fi was pretty sketchy, maybe simply due to the room location. While it showed up as a strong signal, it took forever to actually load simple webpages. Also note that the bathroom has those little packets of shampoo and conditioner in one, but not in bottles, they're like ketchup packets and almost impossible to open without scissors. Really.

Parking spots are assigned by room number, I actually like that. It's a 2 minute drive to 'downtown', otherwise a nice 15 minute walk.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Day 8 we headed back to the mainland. To avoid the hustle and bustle of the City of Vancouver, we set our sights on Hope, BC before setting off to Jasper, AB.

Checking into the Red Roof Inn Motel. The motel is family run and operated. It was the same run of the mill motels that have had and seen better days. Just like the motel in Tofino, it too had been somewhat kept up. Management was friendly but no too talkative, so we just checked in. This motel is not associated with the Red Roof Inns you see and hear about in the States. I guess they got its name from the red tin roof. Who knows.

The rooms are large, clean and tidy. I loved the pink tub and toilet for as it was from the days gone by. It`s been years since I`ve seen a set up like that. Heavy big chrome Fawcett’s - the Cadillac of washrooms if you ask me. The price charged for our stay was fair but the AC didn`t work very well.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank TRLord
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Was a great stop had a really good sleep will def come back again good location for motorcycles on and off the trans Can Hwy close to amenities nice walking areas well taken care of very clean pet friendly

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple