“I love this place!!”
Review of Othello Tunnels

Othello Tunnels
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Its absolutely beautiful and a very easy walk!! Great for any age! Views are breath taking!! We took our puppy and our stroller with no issues!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were advised to visit by our hotel, we did so on our way out of Hope, a fascinating series of tunnels built for the local railroad, very well serviced car park and recreational facility, only able to do part of trail as we hadn't gone prepared, take a torch if planning on walking all the tunnels, awe inspiring scenery which was used as a location for the first Rambo film.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed our walk here, we drove to the car park and just walked to the end of the tunnels and back. Great views, wish I had bought a torch as the long dark tunnels did freak me out a bit. Well worth seeing.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

To get to the Othello Tunnels, I travel north on HWY 5 and take exit 183 ( just before the speed limit is increased to 110 km/h). Travel under the highway and turn left at the stop sign. The Provincial Park is approximately 5 kms. The Othello Tunnels were the film location of "Rambo First Blood". You will see the coquihalla river that cuts through the 300 foot granite gorge as you walk along the abandoned Kettle Valley railroad line. There are bridges that connect the tunnels where you can take pictures of some of the most scenic areas in BC you will experience. I recommend bringing a flashlight along, as it is quite dark in the tunnels and the track gravel bed is uneven. I stay at the Othello Tunnels Campground (600 meters from park entrance) when I visit Hope.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We cycled from the other side and this was fabulous. the tunnels are amazing. You just have to stop and say "wow, they went right through that mountain'. There were a few antique shops on the way back to the info centre and some "chain saw" sculptures. Nice break in our travel day.