“Tasty chicken”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were in the mood for chinese take out so based on Tripadvisor reviews we decided to give Oriental palace a shot. We ordered to chicken fried rice, salt and pepper chicken, and shrimp and broccoli. The rice was good but average. The shrimp was delicious and the broccoli fresh. The salt and pepper chicken was the best I've ever had, I wish I had some right now. Since we were getting take out, we only saw the interior briefly. It seemed fairly typical for a small town Chinese restaurant in an older building. I would definitely eat there or get take out again if i'm back in Invermere.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ive had togo food here quite a few times ,,,, it has never been awful but it hasn't ever been that good either. I have found it quite oily almost as though they deep fry everything. (like the veg in the chow mein.)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Worst service in the valley. Many items on the menu are out of stock, but they will only tell you this 20-30 minutes after ordering. Staff are poorly trained and routinely have children running around while you eat. Our last time eating there we had drinks spilled on us TWICE, the server actually had a baby in a sling on her back during the whole time which has to be against work standards.

Plates were dirty, cups were all mismatch and the food quality is very up and down. Buffet is popular among the usual buffet slobs so if you don't mind shared spoons, cold items and lack of items in the trays go on in!

Only saving grace this place has is the young man (Owner's son) who works the front of house, and everything in between seems to have a good service ethic and its a real shame he is the only one.

1  Thank Elliot154913
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was a very small buffet, but for lunch it was only $10.50. The rice was great! I'm a vegetarian and they made meatless springrolls for me, no extra charge.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place was one of the worst food joints I have ever been to. The staff were either late for work or very hostile and unfriendly. We had to wait 20 mins to order our food, and we couldn't even drink the water. The food was alright, but the service ruined it completely

1  Thank Jade W