“Great time in the Windermere Valley”

Copper Point Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Invermere
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Our hockey team stayed at the Copper Point Resort and both the staff and the resort were outstanding.

The value for the dollar was outstanding and I would go back to the resort in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed at the Resort on October 12th, beautiful facility, one of a kind for the Columbia Valley. The service at Front Desk is so welcoming, then when we entered our room we were WOWed, suite with a view is an absolute must, over looking the golf course with a spectacular view of Mount Nelson. Our room was beautiful, very romantic, calming, relaxing ....oh and the house coats, so cozy warm! The rain forest shower faucets make for one heck of a shower in the morning, could have stayed in there forever. Thank you Copper Point Resort, we truly enjoyed our stay and we will be back!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room with a view, it is worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This is an exceptional hotel/resort. This is a new property. If I had $$$$ I would invest in this hotel/residence. The service was excellent @ Elements restaurant and the hotel. The salt water out-door pool was an amazing experience and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Just what the Columbia Valley needed. We have been living in Invermere for 5 years. Have tried other restaurants but haven't had the kind of service we received at Copper Point Resort. Food was devine!! The rooms are very comfortable and have all the amenities if you feel like hanging out in your room.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Depends on your needs.
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Just had the pleasure of staying 2 nights with a hoard of kids above. What a racket! I hope no one buys property here as it's mostly empty now and they will be deceived with the apparent quiet, but give it a year and they will regret their decision due to paper thin walls when the family moves in upstairs.

• Stayed: September 2011
jbuerlen, General Manager at Copper Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at our Resort. On behalf of the Resort, I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced and that we fell short of your overall expectations. Copper Point Resort feels the feed-back we receive from our guests is important and can ensure you that we do take each form of feedback seriously. It is important to put actions forth to ensure we are able to rectify these issues promptly.

I have reviewed your complaint regarding the noise level with our engineering team. We have been working diligently on insulation and better sound proofing; we anticipate this deficiency being completely soon.

Again our sincere apologies, we value your business and hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a great stay in this brand new hotel. Our friends got married at the Copper Point Golf Resort and the hotel provided us with a free shuttle to and from the golf course. I asked for a room on the top floor and we got an amazing mountain/golf course view. Upon check in they will ask for a pre authorized $50 or $100, with they will not charge, unless something goes missing/broken in the room. There is no need to stress out about it, it is now the norm in many hotels.
Our room was quite small, but well decorated and nicely clean. Each room has a balcony with sitting area. Our room had a microwave, small kitchen sink and fridge, not sure if this is the case for all rooms. Dig deep under the bathroom sink for the hair dryer, not much counter space in the bathroom either. Don't miss out on using the softest bath robes to go to the pool/spa/gym. We had a relaxing morning at the pool where a server will come every 20 minutes or so to take an order if you wish, there are 2 outdoor hot tubs as well as another pool and tub indoor. The gym is nice, clean and the equipment is in great shape. We purchased the continental breakfast at Elements with our room as a package where the breakfast only cost $10 per person and it was really worth it. Delicious warm or cold cereal, juices, meat and cheeses, fruits, toasts or pastries. I wouldn't pay for it regular price ($42) so try to get it in your package.
I believe most rooms have a connecting door to a secondary room, and yes it can get a little noisy, I simply put a towel on the floor at the bottom of the connecting room to tone down light and noise, and we had no problems hearing other guests. We used the indoor parking for the night, there is also a very well lit parking by the entrance. I recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area, I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for top Floor!
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Pros: well lit parking, large parking spaces, pet friendly, clean, comfortable sheets and bed, toiletries, tv worked

Cons: Upon check in there is a credit card "pre-auth" for $100 over your room fee. Have never encountered this before at any hotel. I was confused as to why this was necessary and was told to think of it as "a credit". I was handed a receipt showing $338. It made me nervous and worried me all night because I have heard hotel / credit card charge horror stories. I asked about it again at checkout and it is so they don't get ripped off if, for example, you order a meal and do not have the funds to cover it.

My reservation email stated "standard with view". There was no view. It was ground level and from my little sliver of a patio I could see the parking lot and other side of the building. I asked why and was told "because things got switched around". Wish I had known what it would really be when I called the front desk to book the place a week prior. I would not have paid what I did and would have stayed elsewhere.

There was no coffee or tea in the room or lobby. I enjoy a cup of tea at night and coffee in the morning. The water tasted horrible like a cross between mold and medicine, but you can purchase $3 bottled water in the room (tacky).

If you have long hair, the shower head is very weak and it will take forever to rinse. There was very little counter space in the bathroom and the lighting was poor. The towels left debris on my body - not cool when putting on lotion.

This is the very worst part and I feel bad for the owner because I know this is new construction... the noise from the adjoining room was unbearable. When my neighbor ran the water in their room it was so incredibly loud, shook the walls. I could hear every word they spoke, every bodily function. This made me extremely uncomfortable to use the restroom and take a shower knowing they could hear everything. We had to whisper. This is a travesty. We could not get much needed rest. I am upset we spent what we did for this place. I was really looking forward to it too. The rooms with the paper thin walls should not be let out. Hotel staff need to go in there and listen to what it sounds like when the water is ran in the adjoining room. Imagine trying to sleep or relax. At least in our case it was just a family and not newlyweds.

Room Tip: Do not trust your email confirmation, you may not get a view room
3  Thank meelm
jbuerlen, Manager at Copper Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your letter regarding your recent stay at Copper Point Resort. I have taken the opportunity to pass along your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the room to our housekeeping team.

I am very sorry that you found your room too noisy. I have presented your comments to our maintenance team and we are working together torward resolving these issues.

I am also sorry that there was miscommunication regarding the preauthorization on your credit card. This is in place to cover incidental charges like alfresco dining poolside and patio and I do apologize that this was not explained more clearly to you.

We are a new resort and working diligently toward offering the best in client satisfaction. Your feedback is invaluable and I thank you once again for taking the time to foward your comments. We value your business and hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 250-341-4000 should you wish to have further discussion regarding your concerns.

Martain Cloutier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermere
Best Western Invermere Inn
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation V...
#2 of 4 in Fairmont Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn R...
#4 of 23 in Radium Hot Springs
#6 of 23 in Radium Hot Springs
The Kanata Inns Invermere
The Kanata Inns Invermere
#3 of 3 in Invermere

Been to Copper Point Resort? Share your experiences!