“Exceptional!”

Birchwood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Invermere
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Birchwood Summer Hours: Monday - Saturday opened at 5pm to close. Closed Sundays (With the exception of all long-weekend Sundays which we will be opened at %pm and Closed on Mondays)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Birchwood has such exceptional food that we always make sure we have a reservation when travelling to the Valley! Last night did not disappoint! Chef Marc is a genius with food! I had the scallops and pork belly while hubby had the bison special. Both dishes qualified as some of the best food we have ever eaten. The Birchwood is a real gem in a town the size of Invermere!

Calgary, Canada
“Birchwood Restaurant is a lovely surprise”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had dinner in this friendly but well run fairly new restaurant in Invermere. A good variety of fresh food and interesting presentArion. An excellent variety of gluten free recipes, but also a full menu of standard fare. The portion size was excellent, desserts were huge!
Well worth trying

Calgary
“Delicious Food in Invermere”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We're summer residents in the Columbia Valley and love it although wish there were more quality restaurants. Checking out the reviews on TA ensured we would try Birchwood and we weren't disappointed. The quality of the food was matched with great service. We shared the Grilled Artisan Crostini Trio for an appetizer and it was delicious (and large). My wife had the Bison special of the day and I went with Pan Seared Scallops and Pork Belly. Both were fantastic and again significantly large servings. No way we had room for dessert but they sure looked good going by. Our server was a delight. Attentive, friendly but not intrusive. The wine list is not large but they do have some quality wines. If I have any criticism at all it's that they mark up their wine a bit too much in my opinion. I didn't enjoy paying $98.00 for a bottle of wine I can pick up for under $30.00. Nevertheless I won't let that dissuade me from returning.

Victoria, BC, Canada
“Delicious find in Invermere”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I were in the mood for a light dinner and our expectations were exceeded. We decided to share three plates, the Caesar Salad, Lamb Meatballs and the Grilled Artisan Crostini Trio - perfect for small appetites. Every dish was cooked from scratch using fresh ingredients and home grown herbs just exploding with unique tastes. We finished with the featured Creme Brulee and will definitely go back there next time we are in Invermere. Thanks to the Chef and his team for a delightful experience..

• Visited May 2014
Calgary
“Surprisingly excellent cuisine!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My family with two children dined at Birchwood Restaurant. Service was prompt and we were seated inside. The interior is elegant but not stuffy. On a hot summer day, shorts and T-shirts are fine. The day was beautifully warm, so many patrons enjoyed dining outdoors. The wine list looked reasonable, although I opted for the local beer instead (Arrowhead - it did not disappoint).

Food was delicious. We ordered four different entres and the caliber of the food is what one might expect at a fine dining establishment in a major city. Ingredients were fresh, vegetables cooked just right, and the perfect amount of flavor. Flavors were complex and each dish contained a vast variety of ingredients. My favorite - the Jerk Chicken: a very subtle take on a classic with just a hint of spice and a ton of flavour.

I would strongly recommend this to anyone who wants a higher quality of dining while visiting the area.