“Clean, friendly and helpful staff, fresh and plentiful breakfast, better than we expected.”

The Kanata Inns Invermere
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Invermere
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I chose this hotel based on reviews from previous guests. The hotel is fairly basic and served our needs. The breakfast room was roomy, clean and comfortable; there was a decent choice for breakfast and the food was all fresh and tasty. The rooms were clean, tidy, and bright. The fridge and microwave in our room were sparkling clean. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The restaurant attached to the hotel served great food at very reasonable prices. Our room was a litle on the small side which really did not detract from our stay; we were offered a larger room but decided to stick with the room we had. I would definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank OkotoksChris

Reviewed February 8, 2010

This super 8 is the best!!! Very accommodating, great friendly staff!! Clean !! Awesome breakfast room and restaurant service!!! Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank happytraveller201050
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I travel through here alot and I always now I can come in at any time of day and the staff will always find a way to accomodate me. I have always been treated in a friendly and professional way. Great customer service and a clean room always awaits me.
Yesterday I broke down in Invermere and unexpectedly had to stay the night. I was welcomed in right away and bye the afternoon, because my vehicle wasn't ready yet, the owner Brad gave me a warm lunch. Service like this, as well as the little things, go a long way to repeat business.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkCalgaryAb
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We stopped into Invermere at about 1:00 am and were greeted by the happiest lady I've ever seen mopping the floor. The hotel looked clean and new from the first step in the door, and we were pleased to see the rooms were just as nice! Our beds were increadibly comfortable, and the shower had amazing water pressure! The free continental breakfast was deliscious, including muffins, cereal, fruit, bagels and even waffles, served in a real breakfast room with many tables and booths. The day staff was just as pleasant as the evening staff, ensuring we had everything we needed with a smile. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank blizzaxed
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Compared to the other hotels on our trip this was a real let down. The room was surface clean but even the chair legs were dusty and definately don't look in the corners. The beds were old and the bed linens were excetionally worn and thin. There was hole in the wall were the door opened. This looked like the best option in Invermere where we stopped to visit a friend but we should have stayed in Radium. We tried to have supper in the attached restaurant - the Rocky River Grill (not operated by the hotel) but after staring at the menu for 45 minutes after we were seated and asking several times for our server, we left without even a glass of water. The best choice for dining in Invermere is the Eagle Ridge Golf club where both the food and the service is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank GetawayGangAlberta
Reviewed February 4, 2009

I stayed in three different rooms at this hotel for a month and was really disappointed how dirty they were. The carpets were dirty, with big stains like there were drinks spilled and never cleaned up. Every thing from the walls, the lamps, the door jams, the and the furnishings was grimy with cigarette smoke. The rooms had a musty smoke smell, and no amount of air freshener or febreeze could help. I think the worst part was that every night in my sleep I thought I could smell vomit. So after a week I moved the bedside table to reveal that there was chunky vomit all down the box spring mattress and the carpet. It was obvious to me that the staff would be aware of this because they had to tuck in the sheets right to it when they made up the beds!! All they did was vaccuum up the chunks off the carpet but the stain was still there. I did notify the front desk and switched rooms. They made no apologies and didn't offer any sort of compensation. The next room was equally dirty, and smelly. When I pulled the sheets back to go to bed, I found that there was a fresh blood stain, and hair on the linen. Not just one hair, it was apparent that they had made up the bed without changing the sheets. Which also smelled like old sweat. Next time for the the same price or less I'm sure I could rent a place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank IsisCalgary
Service123, General Manager at The Kanata Inns Invermere, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2009

I have completed my investigation of this review. I have determined this person was asked to leave the hotel due to room damages including vomiting on the beds and floors.
Please read our other Trip Advisor reviews including any negitive ones, before making your choice of accomidations in Invermere.

General Manger
Invermere Super 8

Reviewed September 29, 2008

Room was clean and comfortable. All the basic necessities are there and what you expect from Super 8. We stayed for one night and our room was large with a good sized fridge and microwave.
Breakfast was continental and same again no complaints as it provided enough for you to start the day.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank CalgaryTraveller123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermere
Best Western Invermere Inn
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn R...
#4 of 23 in Radium Hot Springs
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation V...
#2 of 4 in Fairmont Hot Springs
Copper Point Resort
Copper Point Resort
#1 of 3 in Invermere
Bighorn Meadows Resort
Bighorn Meadows Resort
#6 of 23 in Radium Hot Springs
Panorama Mountain Resort

Been to The Kanata Inns Invermere? Share your experiences!