“Very nice hotel!”

The Kanata Inns Invermere
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Invermere
Reviewed March 23, 2008

We were looking for a place to stay while on our trip to Vancouver. We took a different route this year and ended up in Invermere. We were checking out different hotels in the area and could not find one that was "child friendly". We stopped here and found that this one was not only child friendly but also very reasonably priced.

We had a great night here, our children really enjoyed the access to the free internet in the lobby as well as the hot tub. We utilized the fridge in the room and enjoyed the continental breakfast in the morning.

This hotel has had many bad reviews prior to changing ownership but now has put in many new ammenities and is a VERY NICE place to stay!

Please check it out and enjoy the wonderful friendliness of all the staff as well as the reasonable prices.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2007

We had stayed at a Super 8 in NY State many years ago and vowed to never frequent this chain again...now I have to rethink that attitude.

This place was great, big rooms, convenient location. The hotel was booked full while we were there (car show in the area) and you would never know it staying in your room. Very quiet.

Breakfast offerings were fine and plenitful.

Lastly, the management was great. Had the opportunity to see him interact with staff and guests and was very impressed. We had a slight problem with out check out, due to a clerk error and he made sure I had his card in case there was any problem with the credit card.

We travel a lot and to have management this involved is a great thing and not as common as we would like.

We started our trip in Whitefish, MT then into the Canadian Rockies and back down to Whitefish via Invermere. We would definately recommend this to others.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank luv-to-travel-NH
Reviewed August 10, 2007

We usually stay at Super 8 when we travel to take advantage of wireless connections. This Super 8 was the best we have ever stayed at. The management bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant. The rooms were large, clean, and offered more amenities than we expected. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast room was bright and comfortable and the breakfast selection was great. We didn't mind there not being a pool as we spent our time at the lake, which most people do anyway. We have already recommended this motel to others and fully intend to stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2006

I put some rooms on hold for my guests last Summer as I was getting married out in Invermere. The owner at that time told me she could only hold the rooms till July 20th (my wedding date was Aug 5th). She said she needed my credit card number to put the rooms on hold but on July 20th would release the rooms that were not booked. The lady also assured me she only needed my credit card to put the rooms on hold, that nothing would be charged. In the meantime, new owners took over and I am assuming this information was never passed on. Next thing I knew they were charging my card for 17 rooms on my Wedding Day. My poor husband was trying to deal with this on our wedding morning. I explained to the manager that there was a misunderstanding, that the rooms were supposed to be taken off hold if they were not booked by July 20th and he did not seem to care. He said he confirmed it with my father and my husband which he absolutely did not. He lied to me, to my guests and argued with them and me and handled the situation in the most unprofessional manner I have ever seen. Obviously it was a mistake that the hotel made, yet he is trying to make the customer pay for his mistakes. Not only that, but if you think half of your hotel is booked then don't you think you should confirm that 1-2 weeks earlier. and not the day before you are expecting the guests. He treated me, my family, friends and guests with complete disrespect and I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone again. My family came over from Ireland and they were disgusted with the way we all were treated. I even called head office and they did nothing to help me. All in all it was a horrific experience and I will never stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank bauergp
Service123, Co-Manager at The Kanata Inns Invermere, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2007

We recently settled the booking problem in question on this review. The ruling from the credit card company was in favour of the motel. Rulings of this nature are rare due to the fact the motel must provide a lot of documentation. The guest had clearly reserved the rooms in question and failed to cancel. The guest was only charged half of the total amount owing in the name of fairness and goodwill.

Thank-you

Reviewed October 6, 2005

I found the reviews written by the German and Slovenian traveller on this site to be interesting. The Super 8 in Invermere is a new hotel and the rooms are quite large and well maintained. Given the price point and quality, the motel is great. Compare this motel to other motels at this price point and it is great value for your money. I think that they are overlooking price versus value and, perhaps, expecting too much for this price point. Indeed, the Super 8 is very good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank curious1968
Reviewed July 5, 2005

We stayed there for 4 nites. There is only coffee at the entrance. No orange juice or food. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel which was slow and with weak coffee. About 1 Km closer to Invermere, a restaurant called Huckleberry had excellent food morning or nite with fast service.

The town has quite a few businesses including an IGA food store which has most essentials plus a deli and bakery. Saturday morning there is a farmers market with local produce and crafts with child buskers.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank goldenboy
Reviewed February 25, 2005

This hotel is below the Super 8 Pride standard, so I am surprised that it is not re-evaluated. There are no room amenities, no continental breakfast and no hotel amenities, but the hot tub, located right next to the lobby. I was also rather surprised by the manager's strong reaction when I wanted to use my Diners. Although all Super 8 properties are supposed to accept this credit card, the manager did not what to, so I ended up paying with my Master card, which is not so convenient for me. I am coming to Invermere in July 2005 again, but I decided to try the Best Western property in town this time.

2  Thank Slo-Lju
Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermere
Best Western Invermere Inn
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn R...
#4 of 23 in Radium Hot Springs
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation V...
#2 of 4 in Fairmont Hot Springs
Copper Point Resort
Copper Point Resort
#1 of 3 in Invermere
Bighorn Meadows Resort
Bighorn Meadows Resort
#6 of 23 in Radium Hot Springs
Panorama Mountain Resort

Been to The Kanata Inns Invermere? Share your experiences!