“An hour wait for bad food!”
Review of Rocky River Grill

Rocky River Grill
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Invermere
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We ate here because our hotel ( not the Super 8) front desk recommended it for families. The place was crowded, noisy and understaffed. We were a party of seven, including five kids, who were starving. I order a spinach salad and mentioned that I have a nut allergy. The salad described on the menu came with pumpkin seeds, which I love and was looking forward to eating.

We waited almost a hour for our food. The waitress kept coming out to apologize for the wait and assure us it was coming soon. This did not help, as it took another 20 minutes after she raised our expectations. My son watched several tables how had arrived after us being served first. Bizarre.

When it finally arrived, my salad was devoid of pumpkin seeds, even though I had explained I can eat them. My daughter's ice tea tasted bad enough that she sent it back. My son's Caesar salad was very greasy.

Rocky River stole two hours of our lives that we will never get back. Do not bother with this place. Brutal!

There are newer reviews for Rocky River Grill

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very good for families with children, good food for adults and kids menu sizes, reasonable prices.
Huge fish tank kids were amazed, but I think it need more maintenance to make it outstanding interior feature.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We've eaten here the past 2 years while attending the radium car show. We eat here in the middle of the afternoon as restaurants can get quite busy. While the food is fairly good and we like sitting on the patio, the service this past September was terrible. As soon as the person we presume is the manager (he was there the year before too and service nose-dived when he arrived) showed up she spent all her time chatting with him and when we reminded her twice before she came to get our orders, she had the nerve to tell us she had other tables inside, even though we could see she had been talking to the manager for 20 minutes when we waited 25 minutes to even order drinks. For that comment she didn't receive any tips.

Even when we went to the till to pay after waiting and waiting and never receiving our bill, the other waitresses waited for ours to come after she acknowledged we were there but they eventually gave up and rang us through themselves, and our waitress came along at the end. Not apologetic or anything, and she was still talking to the same guy. The food is decent but unreliable service ensures that I won't be back.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went to the lounge and were told that they had pitcher's on special any drink you want. So my husband ordered a ceasar. When the drink came we looked at each other and thought we should have arranged a ride home because surely he couldn't drive home after drinking all of that? But no problem, he couldn't even taste any alcohol and after finishing off the drink he didn't feel any effects from drinking at all. I ordered a regular white russian and it I couldn't taste any alcohol either. Funny though, after we got home we made ourselves drinks with the proper amount of alcohol and they actually tasted good! Hmmmm....

Reviewed September 25, 2012

When we go out for breakfast we don't have to look at each other and decide on a place - there is only one - the Rocky River Grill. We discovered it when we first moved to the area and were so impressed by the quality of the food and the service. What really "sealed it" was that you are served a big side of fresh fruit - if you want hashbrowns, you actually have to specially ask for them.