Tripadvisor
Merritt
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2019

GAG!!! My husband and I stayed for one night last month.
The first key we were given..the room wasn't even made up yet. The next TWO keys..one room was gaggingly smokey and the front desk person tried to tell us it was the cleaning chemical smell and the second room seemed to be acceptable..sorta. The lady at the desk told us she didn't know how to use the machine for credit card so could we please pay cash..and we did..good thing..no wondering later on if our info was 'kept'. It was evening when we arrived..very poor lighting in the room. The fridge was running and the door was open..because there was so much ice build up the door couldn't be closed. We laughed and 'fixed' it. Then we saw the grim bathroom..needless to say..we didn't use the tub or shower. One of the two towels had big holes in it!! The wifi never did work..we were told to just keep trying. The fire extinguisher was expired. The microwave, coffeepot and 'island sink' were filthy. The inside of the 'island' was disgusting. Worst of all..when we woke up the next morning and could actually see things better..the boxspring was still in the plastic bag and that bag had old gross brown stains in it!! Hahahah..and LOOK at the two super vehicles the owners/front desk people drive!! Grrrr.....

Room tip: Go to any other motel/hotel..NOT this one.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2018

I had a hard time breathing in the smoking room but it was cheap and the service was fast and friendly. I would definitely stay there again. My room had a microwave, fridge and sink. The shower had high pressure and the motel shampoo was surprisingly decent. But please stop letting people smoke in the rooms. I'm a smoker and it's disgusting.

Room tip: No smoking room
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here for 3 years in a row now. Nothing fancy, you get what you pay for. Everything is outdated -70s countertops, old baseboards, wood paneling etc. But the beds are comfy enough, room was clean enough, water pressure good enough, not bad for $65 a night.

This year on the other hand, that all changed. I paid $64 a night, didn’t expect much I expected what I got the last 2 years, which is mediocre but comfortable. I’m not bougie obviously I know I’m not getting the Hilton when I pay $64 a night.

We get there, there’s dried up contact lenses on the bedside table, an empty pudding cup under the bed and the room is always dim and depressing(whatever I was trying to save money) we over looked it and stayed.

We were traveling with my volleyball team and they stayed in the room beside us. They told me they found mouse droppings in their dresser- eww. They didn’t care either, it’s a busy weekend, we already paid whatever.

We are a young group we were there for a good time, we were able to have some drinks in our room, have our teammates over with some music playing- there were no other people beside either of us, we had no cops show up or anything. I would say that’s one of the okay things of being there.

If you’re younger - this is something you won’t have to worry about. If you’re older and don’t want disturbance on a Friday night I would probably avoid it. The owner said something to us and threatened to call police if we were loud again but we were wondering why didn’t you come and talk to us we would have quieted down?. Oh that’s probably because they don’t care.

I will not be staying there again.
Do yourself a favour and don’t expect much if you stay and do a pre room check before you put your stuff away.

That’s my honest review.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Dirty, stinkiest, filthy motel I have ever seen! Beer cans everywhere, beds were not made, wet towels in bathrooms, no heat on, we were offered a plug in heater, no hot water available, no TV. Owners did not arrive for check-ins until after 6PM on a Friday night!

Room tip: Run as fast as you can to any other motel or hotel in Merritt!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Place should be condemned. Stayed for a month while in between homes. Not once did they ask ask if we needed clean sheets, toilet paper, clean towels nothing. I bought cleaning supplies and luckily I had clean towels etc with us. Place was never vacuumed. They say that they have all this stuff in the room for cooking but nothing was there like they said. The front desk people are not customer service orientated. When you did see them, they had their phone glued to their head, even when cleaning rooms. I have never written a review about any place but this accommodation desires a 100 thumbs down. Internet is an abomination. One last thing, we were told that our door was broken and would be fixed but never was. Very big safety issue, at least we had a dead bolt

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: September 2017