“Merritt's Best Bet for Hotels”

Quality Inn Merritt
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Merritt
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was my second trip to Merritt and the first time to stay at the Quality Inn (stayed at the Ramada before and wasn't too impressed). Let me start by saying, I researched all the hotels in Merritt and there's certainly not a Four Seasons or Ritz in town, but the Quality Inn was clean, comfortable, and quiet for my six night stay. The staff was very friendly like most of the folks in Merritt and they seemed to really care that I was having a good stay, including the housekeeping staff (Marge) who made sure we had everything needed. Breakfast was okay, not much fruit, but enough to start the day. Only major drawback I could find with the hotel was the fitness room. It is very cramped, has equipment that was in poor condition and very, very old.

The best rooms are those on the second floor those around the "Garden" rather than those adjacent to the main office because of the parking that is right outside of the office. For the Garden rooms, make sure to ask for one on the second floor facing the city (rooms 214-219). If you have a family, the one bedroom suites easily accommodate four people and are the size of an apartment.

Room Tip: The best rooms are those on the second floor those around the "Garden" rather than those a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WorldBeachTraveler
fullhouseMerritt_BC, Front Desk Supervisor at Quality Inn Merritt, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

The staff and I would like to extend our sincere thanks to you for submitting your review. We may not be the Ritz, but in our own opinion, we are the `nicest`that Merritt has to offer. Over the course of last winter, we did do some major renovations, and actually this fall more will be done. We strive to offer the best rooms at affordable prices, which also include a full hot breakfast come morning.
Reading your review, we are pleased to know, that you enjoyed your stay with us. And look forward to your return if the beautiful Nicola Valley is ever on your travel plans again.
Have a great day...

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We needed a place to sleep overnight. When we arrived at 10 past, tired and needing a good night rest, the reception was still smiling and jolly and noted my room preference on my reservation. Debbie was helpful and friendly!
The room was like we expected. The room and bathroom was clean. There was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, tv, hair dryer, iron board. It was spacious to have our luggages lying on the floor. When guest past by, we could hear their footsteps but we already knew that and come prepared for our ear plugs.
We slept well, the bed was good.
Breakfast was alright, fruits, waffles, bread, eggs and sausages are served. There are also cereals. Coffee prepared for North American taste and tea. At check out, Debbie was still there, and still in cheerful mood!

Room Tip: Try the back part of the building and when booking explicitly state what you'd like for a room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of myself and the entire staff of the Quality Inn, Merritt. I would like to thank you for taking the time, in submitting your review of our motel. We are always pleased to learn that our guests expectations are met. Reading reviews such as yours, lets us know we are accomplishing what we are trying to provide. ( A clean, comfortable room as well as good customer service, and the amenties such as free WiFi and a full breakfast)
Have a great day, and we hope to have your return to the Quality Inn sometime in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped here for an overnight stay. Price was very reasonable with breakfast included. Of note, was the bed...one of the better beds during our travels. Otherwise, it was a very basic room. Internet was free.

1  Thank Patricia N

Thank you for submitting a review of our motel here on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to learn you had a comfortable stay. We hope you will return in the future, if Merritt is ever a stop over for you again.
Have a great day.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

As I entered hotel reception lobby. Staff person said "Do you have reservations" I said, "yes".
Credit card. No hello or welcome to Quality Inn.. Very straight forward. When settled in room, pamphlet said 24 hour coffee. As we strolled around the hotel, we thought we would grab the free coffee in the lobby as we poured the coffee, we couldn't find any creme. I asked the staff person (Same person) and she said, "we have them in the fridge and you should have some creme in your room". At a glance, I saw the fridge was located in a office area, now I'm scared to ask should I grab the creme, at this time my wife said, "lets just take the coffee to the room and use the creme in there. Rooms AC was extremely loud, had to turn it off as it was annoying, we were on the lower floor and people above us made lots of noise. Mentioned customer service and AC info to the clerk in the mornning and she said, Manager isn't in and I'll get them to call you> Didn't receive a call. She also said theres being other complaints about the evening staff person. Breakfast was good, room was clean.

Room Tip: Don't choose the lower floors. Hard to sleep if you have all nighters above you. Rooms don'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to take this time to offer my apologies on 'customer service' you recieved when staying as our guest. I am not sure who checked you in, but I do agree a 'pleasant warm greeting' should have been the first thing you heard as you entered the lobby. Since your stay, we have had a staff meeting, and staff has been made aware, that this type of customer service is not acceptable at our Motel.
Again, I do apologize, and do hope that if ever needing a place to stay while you are in our beautiful Nicola Valley, you will allow us to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at this motel in the early spring, while they were in the midst of renovating the interior, and we were impressed then, so we decided to try them again on the BC day weekend.They were very friendly, and helpful, the rooms were very clean ,and tastefully decorated, and they provided everything you need .I nearly tore the bed apart, to see who made it, because it was sooo comfortable.I have a bad back, and usually motel beds are too hard for me , but this one was just right.My son and his wife, who were with us, said they slept soundly too.They give you lots of fluffy pillows too! Pool and hot tub are wonderful.This was the best breakfast we've had during our travels around BC, Alberta, and Washington, and the fellow who was managing it was very quick to replenish the foods, and coffee pots.When he noticed that I was in a wheelchair, he ran over and pulled a chair away from a table , so I could wheel in.They make that special effort to see that you enjoy your stay.I would recommend them to anyone, and we will certainly be back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marian C
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is in the middle of a renovation so things will likely improve from here on out. The rooms were actually very nice. Ours had been renovated with exception of the bed which was way too soft (and I like a soft bed). It had no springs left. It allows pets, although so do most in Merritt. It has an okay indoor pool and hot tub. It works. The Chinese restaurant on site isn't great. My biggest complaint is that we phoned to find out more about the breakfast as we were thinking of staying at the Ramada for the waterslide for the children. We asked what types of breakfast meat the breakfast had and were told sausages and bacon. Our kids love bacon so we decided to stay there. Of course there was no bacon at breakfast. It was a bit upsetting because we specifically asked. The staff weren't overly friendly either. When I arrived the evening desk clerk was out front having a smoke. Neither the morning desk clerk, nor the evening desk clerk were warm, fuzzy people. They seemed a bit jaded. The vending machine wasn't stocked. It has a washer and dryer for coins. Despite the negatives, the rooms really are decent. Fridge and microwave. Flatscreen tv. I can't speak to the other hotels but they are about the same price as the Ramada and Travelodge.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jokelta
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was our experience: stayed two days, first day we found long dark hair in bathtub and on shower wall, housekeeping did not clean tub, change linens, left garbage on floor from previous guest, did not pick up old plastic lid beside microwave from previous guest, did not empty coffee pot - or resupply coffee, etc. for next morning, on 2nd day, hair was still in the tub and on the wall, called front desk twice on the first night for a wake up call - no answer or call back, key cards did not work when we got back to our room on the 2nd night, front desk guy said we must have done something to the cards (ie. it was our fault), although one card was in my wallet & the other was in my wife's purse! No apologies from night staff, completely disinterested in the fact that we were inconvenienced - had to walk to a separate building where the office is and then wait while the night guy got around to letting me in. Breakfast was unappetizing with the microwaved eggs & sausages. Air conditioning in our room was pathetic, not much relief from the Merritt heat. Poorly insulated walls, we could hear the people in the next room going to the bathroom - it sounded like it was right in our room. Will never go back to this hotel - what a mistake this was and a waste of money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family