“Dinner on Pastoral Settings”

The Blackberry Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Mission
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Blackberry Kitchen is located in Mission's beautiful 40 acre Fraser River Heritage Park. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner are fully licensed. The Blackberry Kitchen is inside the Norma Kenney House a stunning hand crafted log building. Our patio has majestic views of the Fraser Valley and is dog friendly(with a few rules). We look forward to your visit! Please see our website for further information.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a great opportunity to have dinner outside on their deck overlooking the Frazier River and beautiful sky and territorial views. Dinner choices include lovely pasta with organic tomatoes and potatoes. Chicken and pork dishes were plated with vibrant vegetables and composition, You will take a moment just to admire the work put into this presentation. Service was excellent and you will remember that they care that you are their guest and they will make accomodations to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Now that's really something! But hurry in because they close when the park closes, about 8:00PM

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My sister, her husband, my wife and myself had a late lunch recently. It has been several years since we have enjoyed the outstanding cuisine of the Blackberry Kitchen. We were not disappointed with our lunch. Our first pleasant surprise was being seated outdoors on a deck overlooking the Fraser Valley and the mighty Fraser River. The weather was perfect.
My sister ordered a custom made sandwich. She was given a list to select her choice of meats, choice of other items like cheese etc. her husband did the same but had a half sandwich with a soup. He was totally impressed with his lunch. My wife also ordered a pulled pork sandwich with soup. She ended up taking half of her sandwich home as it was a good size and raved about the soup. I took a different approach and ordered Mac and cheese which
had a generous serving of double smoked bacon. It was delicious and the serving was so large that I had trouble finishing it. If I had a negative, it was that they don't provide free refills of ice tea or lemonade.
The service was great and efficient. We all came away remarking how good the lunch was and we have to get back soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I'm not so much into sandwiches, so almost always get their homemade soups. Had a great butternut squash, just the right amount of spice and zing. Wonderfully welcoming, good service, but you have to hope there are tables available if you pop in, it's a popular place.

(Unfortunate that the park board has created a monstrosity and mish-mash/hodge-podge of buildings, structures, towers, lock-thing, bells and now observatory and are ruining the 'park' setting AND the million dollar view!)

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Service was terrible on the day I went for lunch with some colleagues from work. So poor that I received my drink order after my meal. Plastic table cloths and mismatched furniture detract from the dining experience. Food was average that day. Beef dip.

1  Thank Russell P
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Well we popped in here on a rainy Sunday afternoon .....very busy so happy to get a table,the waitress was very pleasant .....I picked my own sandwich which was turkey salad and cranberry and mayonnaise my husband chose the mixed Benny ....I should have had my sour dough bread toasted as quite firm.....big sandwich hug unfortunately no flavour at all from the deli meat or the cranberry but the pickle and coleslaw on the side was tasty.....my husbands mixed Benny was just ok more omelette than scrambled egg....we decided to try a scone with Devon cream and blackberry jam which was good.......think we would like to try the evening meal at Blackberry kitchen to see what it is like and better than lunch......staff were great if sometimes but maybe a bit previous with trying to tidy up before we had finished ....lovely view on a clear day!!!

1  Thank vallentyne