“Delicious healthy and a killer view”

The Blackberry Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Mission
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Blackberry Kitchen is located in Mission's beautiful 40 acre Fraser River Heritage Park. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner are fully licensed. The Blackberry Kitchen is inside the Norma Kenney House a stunning hand crafted log building. Our patio has majestic views of the Fraser Valley and is dog friendly(with a few rules). We look forward to your visit! Please see our website for further information.
Mission, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious healthy and a killer view”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place is our go to place for eating out. I'm a vegetarian and they make a fantastic hummus sandwich also their salads with the bbk vinaigrette is SOOO good! What an awesome place to go especially during a lovely summer day when the patio is open. You can have a delicious meal, enjoy the breathtaking views with a glass of wine and some great company. Kerry, Laurel & all their staff are very friendly. This is a true gem & a definite must try if you're in the area.

• Visited June 2013

Port Moody, Canada
“Hard to find but worth the trip”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We found ourselves in Mission and decided to check out The Blackberry Kitchen and we weren’t disappointed. It’s a bit hard to find, you certainly wouldn’t come across it if you weren’t looking for it. It’s not well marked; at first we weren’t sure that we had the right place. It’s in a log style building tucked away in a local park. The restaurant is small (we counted 10 tables) and nothing fancy inside. Service was quick and friendly and once the food started arriving we knew we made the right choice. The appetizer was fresh and well prepared and our steaks were cooked perfectly with the accompaniments tasting farm fresh. Even the bread basket had and array of different fresh breads not the usual standard white bread. Definitely would return but next time we will leave some room for desert!

• Visited May 2013
Abbotsford, Canada
“A Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had no idea what to expect when we purchased a living social for the Blackberry Kitchen - as it turns out we were very pleasantly surprised. We have travelled the globe an have eaten at some pretty high end places - The French Laundry, Emerils, Carnavino Italian Steakhouse (Mario Batelli) so we were not expecting alot. We had a FABULOUS meal - Looks like jillo181781 just made all the wrong choices. I have had lamb in many places, but never had a lamb steak, shipped in by boat (to enhance the aging process) from Australia...truly spectacular - cooked exactly the way I ordered it. For Appies we ordered: Seared sea scallops, balsamic reduction, white truffle oil and Thai red curry coconut prawns..also great. My fiance had the duck breast and he also was truly amazed. For dessert we both had the Belgian Chocolate Pate - it was good...overall a great meal for great value! The Chef came out at the end of the meal to enquire as to our satisfaction... We will definitely be back. The decor did not match the food but it definitely did not take away from it either...

1 Thank TravelDiva62
Kelowna
“A Special Place”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I really enjoyed the food and staff when I was introduced to this gem. Having recently returned, it was even better. It was excellent, quality food and the friendliest staff you will ever find.The salmon was very fresh and the portions were large. I would love to try everything on their menu. Excellent appetizers. While the dessert menu was small,it was good. I will return whenever I am in Mission.

BC
“Fantastic Food from a Chef who really cares”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have experienced food prepared by this Chef before and it was top quality. But I have never tired this new location, and experienced if he could keep the quality while running a retail setting.

Over all I have to say this was the best meal I have had at a restaurant in Mission.

The group I was with include some pretty fussy meat eaters, and we went on Prime Rib special night. Every one of them was impressed with the quality of the Prime Rib. That is high praise !

Prices were very reasonable for the quality of food offered.

I had the pork medallions. They were perfectly prepared, and the sauce was an excellent compliment.

Presentation was very professional - something I would expect at an upscale restaurant, but not typically at a hidden location like this.

Something to be aware of - the dining area is plain, low ceiling and intimate. We were a large exuberant group. If a couple were to come in looking for a quiet dining experience, I am sure that on most occasions it would be an excellent choice. But the low ceiling and open concept makes the noise bounce around a bit, so I would not be surprised if a romantic evening could be overwhelmed if there is a large group present.

That said - there is no reason to stay away. The food quality and care in preparation makes it an excellent choice on any occasion.

I understand that they offer cooking classes, catering and will host private events. I have no doubt all of them would be outstanding.

The only negative I can think of is that the Wine selection I saw was not very extensive and the ones I tried were not especially memorable. But I did not search very hard for better ones. They may have more hidden gems tucked away. And I did not get the impression that they were set up for complex mixed drinks. Although the 2 specialty Martinis I saw ordered had a great presentation, and seconds were ordered, so they must have been good!