“Wild Ride!”

STS Guiding Service Day Trips
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Mission
More attraction details
Owner description: We fish Vancouver waters 365 days for salmon, trout and sturgeon. In business since 1994 STS is a well known and respected tour operator. We fish both fresh & saltwater and also offer jet boat tours in the river. Come join us.
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
“Wild Ride!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

A great day on the river. Very knowledgeable guide educated us on the reading the river and answered all our questions about the ins and outs of jet boats. A wild ride on the rapids toward the Hells Gate area. Enjoyed a great lunch during the 8 hour tour. Look forward to taking another tour.

Visited April 2013

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Jet boat and river seminar”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

STS Guiding is always a good time with all our past experiences. This time was a bit different as we were learning and listening about how the river has changed a lot in the last years, how to read the water, and what to do and not to do up past Hope, BC. And how to have a safe and fun trip for everyone.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hell's Gate Jet Boat Tour and Sturgeon Fishing!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The basics are covered with Vic, great service, top notch boat and equipment, but best of all this guy is good wild fun!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank camperman2000
Coquitlam, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Notch”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Being a local boy and avid sturgeon fisherman myself with my own boat and gear you get to know who the guides are on the river over time and when it came to booking sturgeon trips for my corporate clients I didn't hesitate as STS was my choice. Equipment, experience, knowledge and safety are all excellent and the guides themselves are friendly and courteous and will do whatever it takes to get you into fish. Even the catered lunches are excellent (you'll be fighting over the cookies).
In all we had 4 trips out with them this year with a dozen people each time and whether they had been out before or it was their first trip all involved had incredibly enjoyable days. Of the 4 trips, fishing was the main theme with days on the lower river below Mission, mid river above Mission and upper river above the Harrison River confluence but the trip into the Fraser Canyon is the one that sticks out for sure.
For those of you that have been on the Hells Gate Air Tram imagine heading up to that point of the canyon starting out in Hope, BC but in a jet boat instead. The scenery is amazing and It was something else for sure to go through the rapids at Saddle Rock and Little Hells Gate, especially on the way back down, hang on to your hats folks. Add to this Vic's excellent knowledge of the canyon itself with the interesting history behind it, with some salmon or sturgeon fishing thrown in to boot, and this is truly one of the great day trips out anywhere in BC.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Steve H
Vic C, Owner at STS Guiding Service Day Trips, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for your comments Steve, much appreciate the time you took to write this review. Hope to see you again in 2013, Pink year so sturgeon and salmon fishing should be excellent.
Vic Carrao
Keswick, Ontario, Canada
“World Class Guiding service!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Was in bc for work, wanted to try my luck at sturgeon fishing. Being an avid angler, I knew STS guiding was a well known guiding service. I booked it a couple weeks before my arrival, unfortunatley by the time I arrived to my trip the water level in the Fraser was rising rapidly and fishing would be tough. Vic told me ahead of time it would be tough, but to me its not always about the catch,its the experience, the catch is just the bonus. We had a few bites but no fish were caught. The scenery was amazing, the boat was clean, the guide was just a great guy who was down to earth and worked hard to get me a fish. You cant ask for better service with quality guys who know what they are doing. I WILL BE BACK!

Visited May 2012
MissionVic, Owner at STS Guiding Service Day Trips, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Hi Justin, thanks so much for your comments. The summer of 2012 was some of the worst sturgeon fishing we have seen in quite some time. The Fraser River's annual snow melt was a 40 year record high which made fishing in July and August very challenging. We did catch fish on many trips not not what we are uise to, maybe next time your in town we can try that again and get you that trophy fish that we are always looking for.

Tight lines Vic