“Great Retreat, Great Staff”

Best Western Plus Mission City Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mission
Calgary, Alberta
“Great Retreat, Great Staff”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The first time I stayed here, I had an outdoor-facing room, because I had requested a room with a kitchenette. I was a bit disappointed to find out that these rooms are also "pet-friendly" rooms, as I'm allergic, but the space was clean and hadn't been rented out recently to those with pets, so I was in the clear.

The next time I stayed here during my trip to the Lower Mainland, I chose an indoor-facing room because I didn't need a kitchenette and was happy to find there was a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room anyhow, which was brilliant.

I was pleased to find there was a full-service restaurant on-site, and it offered many choices for room service, including full breakfasts (although this location offers a complimentary breakfast).

The rest of the space is great - a wonderful pool that is clean and ample parking.

But the best, overall, was the staff. I didn't have a great amount of interaction with them - save for booking an extra night during one of my stays and chatting during check-in and check-out, but I was impressed with the level of professionalism and approachability that all of the staff had.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Lougheed Hwy might be quieter, but if you get a room on the 4th floor you have acce...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tchochtke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here instead of crashing at his parent's tiny place squished in like sardines. What a difference that made to our visit:)

The staff were excellent,warm and welcoming. I felt great relief to see such a smiling face and be taken care of so, after our drive from Edmonton.
The room was very clean and well appointed for our needs. Comfy beds, quiet. Check in and check out was easy. And everyone was so friendly and helpful, I'd stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The staff here is brilliant. We had never been to Mission before, and the front desk staff helped us find where we needed to go. The cleaning staff are friendly and helpful too. The rooms are fairly clean and roomy. Nothing but good things to say about the Mission Best Western!

• Stayed August 2012
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have stayed at and reviewed this hotel before. It is a perfectly adequate hotel and certainly the only choice in Mission. My two complaints relate to the desk chair, which is not adjustable so I have to put a pillow on the chair to use it (I am an average height woman) and the light in the kitchenette area, which is far too dim. Otherwise I have no hesitation recommending the hotel. The continental breakfast is above average.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor are directly accessible from the back door, which is handy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kate181793
Alberta
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Not many hotels can help you out if you don't have the 'typical 2 kid family' and these guys actually had a cot for us, which we find unusual. good access to vancouver.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here with family. We were given a special rate, as a block of rooms were held because we were all attending a wedding.
We came in from out of town and were concerned that we would not be able to get in our room before 3 PM. Called ahead on the day we were to arrive and the hotel staff obliged us by having our rooms ready by 1:30.
The rooms were surprisingly large (2 queen beds) and was equipped with a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair blower, iron and ironing board. The TV's was the older style, but worked well and had a good assortment of cable channels.
The beds were very comfortable and we were surprised at how comfy the pillows were. The rooms must be well insulated as we didn't hear any noise from the rooms beside us and although we had a room facing the main road, no traffic noise.
The continental breakfast was another pleasant surprise as we were expecting French Pastry and bad coffee. Instead we were treated to fresh scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon and a waffle maker. There was an assortment of toast and pastries, juice and very good tasting coffee.
Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? Absolutely. Would I stay there again. You bet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were attending a wedding in the same locale.

Our King bedded room was super clean with a comfortable bed, flat screen TV, a small fridge and microwave! the room seemed to have been recently renovated but others attending the wedding said that their rooms seemed dated with old style televisions - I didn't check them out so can't confirm. The one major negative was the air conditioning which was freezing cold or had to be turned off .

The included breakfast was good - scrambled egg, bacon, bagels etc. and there was plenty available when we went for breakfast at about 9am.

It's hard for me to rate this type of hotel as 4 star but it seems to me to be above average for what it is and extremely good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated King Room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mission
Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre
Best Western Rainbow Country Inn
Quality Hotel & Conference Centre
Coast Abbotsford Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn By Hilton Chilliwack
Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford

Been to Best Western Plus Mission City Lodge? Share your experiences!