“Best hamburger, ever!”

Ranked #49 of 102 Restaurants in Nelson
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were in Nelson, BC a couple of weeks ago and after passing this place for two days, we decided to go in and get a cold beer and a burger... what a wonderful treat we had!

The burger meat is fresh ground on the premises, it is prime cut AAA beef from BC. They doctor it up with some onions and herbs and it has a delicious meatloaf taste to it, which I loved. The bun was a fresh baked focaccia roll and the condiments were fresh and abundant. Bravo! After seeking the best burger in all our adventures, it was unanimous, best one, ever.

The other special treat was the Stanley Park Amber Ale. Lovely, absolutely lovely, not hoppy, it was smooth and full of flavor. I also liked the idea that Stanley Park Brewery is the first sustainable brewery in Canada and they are aggressively leading the North American continent is fine, fine brews!! If you get a chance to try their Amber Ale, go for it, you will be pleasantly surprised!!

The only drawback for me was the sports bar atmosphere, as the TV's were blaring the whole time, yet the food was worth the atmosphere!

Rob_Little, General Manager at Uptown Sports Bar @New Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear WhitefishandBeyond,

Thanks so much for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our food so much. With the ever changing climate of the bar industry, the focus has shifted from quantity to quality in both food and beverage. We've worked very hard to produce a product that is not "out of a box", and gets back to making real food from scratch, and having beers on tap that are craft quality, rather than the generic brands. It makes us all very proud to hear that you really enjoyed your experience, and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the rest of our team. Thanks again for joining us, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

As I stay at the hotel every year for 5 years, running an event there, I have watched the food greatly improve especially over the last couple years. They have stepped their menu significantly and unlike other places I have come to love in Nelson, Uptown WILL do what they can to satisfy their customers. No issues substituting a simple salad dressing here!

The staff is always amazing. They remember our group each year and make the new attendees feel just as special and welcomed.

To Graham and his staff, thank you for all you do for our little Triumph affair. Thank you for accommodating me with my requests and even making me things that don't appear on the menu! Above and beyond every single year. Much appreciated and looking forward to next year.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had a great time there while in Nelson. Awesome bar,staff and food. Had a lot of fun as they carry all the sports.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I came here and met friends to watch the UFC fights and have dinner and a drink. The atmosphere was enjoyable and the food was good, although it took about a half hour or so to get a veggie wrap and salad. My ceasar was up to par and the service was quality.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Spent some time in Nelson BC on a ski trip and stayed at the New Grand/Adventure Hotel. Awesome place and very accommodating, owner Danny is a great guy and he's done fabulous things with the place, well worth the stay! The Uptown Sports Bar is attached and is a GREAT bar and eatery. The decor is 100% Canadian sports bar with spacious, comfortable booths and excellent sports viewing on many of the large, high def TVs. Bar GM, Graham, is as gracious, and friendly as they come. He really made a couple Americans in Canada feel like locals and incredibly welcomed. His qualities are further exemplified in his very attentive and super friendly waitstaff-- Aly, Nicole, and Sarah are simply awesome! Ask for any of those staff members and you won't go wrong! Great selection of drinks, including local craft beers, and very tasty nightly food specials that won't break the bank. If your in Nelson for a night or more, it is well worth the visit! Do yourself a favor and have some drinks and appetizers at The Uptown Sports Bar!!

Rob_Little, General Manager at Uptown Sports Bar @New Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear BuckeyeSnowman,

So glad to hear that you had a great time in our establishment. I will be sure to pass on the kind words to all the staff you mentioned. We hope to see you again in the future!

Kind Regards,