“Lame”

Uptown Sports Bar @New Grand Hotel
Ranked #37 of 93 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Nelson
“Lame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Place is dirty and run down. Very slow on the food coming out of the kitchen. Feel sorry for the wait staff.

• Visited September 2012
Rob_Little, Manager at Uptown Sports Bar @New Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear HeliHo,

Thank you for your review of our establishment, I am sorry that you have obviously not had a good experience in our venue. I should point out to you that we maintain a kitchen standard of 15 minutes or less for food at lunch, and 17 minutes for food at dinner, in which every single bill is timed by our POS system and cross referenced by our food expeditors, and I can assure you that I can count on one hand the amount of times we have been over these times; even on our busiest nights. None the less, obviously with your visit we fell short and for this we apologize. As far as cleanliness, our staff work very hard to keep our place EXCEPTIONALLY clean, and you can review our health reviews online to see that the our health inspector agrees with this. And finally, to state that our pub is run down, I truly believe to not be accurate. We have undergone many renovations over the last 10 years, with our new lounge component completed no less than a year ago. Plus a state of the art sound system, and 26 HD TV's available for your sports viewing pleasure.

If at all possible, I would like to discuss this review with you further, as to get some specifics of your visit, and your comments. Please feel free to drop by, or email me anytime, as we do take these comments very seriously, and if there are things I am missing I would certainly be open ears to listen to your concerns.

Kind Regards,

Rob Little
Food and Beverage Manager
The New Grand Hotel

“quick bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

good pub grub, quick service, first visit, good portions and friendly atmosphere. Typical sports bar liked the comfy chairs

Visited October 2011
Nelson, Canada
“Terrific Bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have been a regular at the Uptown for over a year now, consistent professional service from friendly staff is just one of the reasons that I continue to frequent the place. I am usually there during the day when I have time off. Todd is the day bartender and host and goes out of his way to make everyone comfortable and welcome, a great server and conversationalist. The second reason is the food, great value and selection mixing it up every week with different specials and a couple of buffet options on some of the evenings. Nelson has lots of options and when you come to visit make sure you make this one of your stops!

• Visited July 2012
Mattawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great food, perfect location:) My mom and I had some appetizers late one night, a great atmosphere for sure, and friendly service.

Visited July 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Lively pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

The waitresses are a bit slow and seem confused at times (must be that hippie aura of Nelson), but overall this is a great sports bar. My friends and I were here on a UFC fight night and the place was packed. The food was a notch above average bar food.

Visited December 2011