“Disappointed”

Ranked #17 of 102 Restaurants in Nelson
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I live in Nelson and I've been here twice- The first time I was disappointed by the service and the food, but I came back because so many people seem to like it I thought I have just hit it on a bad night. Unfortunately, the second time disappointed too. I generally appreciate understated service, but the server was a bit too absent both times- waited ages to order the wine, and he didn't check in as to whether the food was okay... and the food was overpriced and just average. The atmosphere is great, and I wish it was somewhere I could bring guests... but I won't. Plenty of better places to eat in Nelson.

PabloArch, Owner at All Seasons Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

I take full ownership for your less than stellar experience here at the All Seasons as I am the owner and server.

There are certain times of the year when I operate the restaurant with a small but very capable staff including myself.

Some nights the restaurant can get pretty busy with unexpected YET very welcome guests that we like to treat like rock stars, actors, ski & snowboarding legends and neighbors and friends.

Most people are very patient with me, and the chefs because they know and understand that all the meals are made from scratch and are willing to tell each funny stories until their meals arrive. I can't count how many times people will come and introduce themselves to me wishing to extend their thanks to everyone from Chef to dishy.

Now to your concerns. I appreciate the fact you noticed I am not the "Fussy" kind of server.
But for me to make someone wait ages for ordering a cocktail or a bottle of wine from our Award Winning Wine List is unacceptable. I take great pride and make it a priority to have a beverage on the customers table within seconds upon arrival. I'm sorry I let you down.

Now I know you say you will not return anytime soon, but I would like to extend to the option of ordering your wine when you make your reservation and it will be on the table ready and waiting for you to pour.

Tonight's Wine Specials are Blue Mountain Chardonnay $40 Btle
Summerhills "Alive" Organic Blend $30 Btle
Monster Vineyards Merlot $30 Btle

When you do come back please introduce yourself, maybe we will share a quick glass and maybe a laugh or two.

Paul

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Nelson for over 2 years now, and this was my first visit to the much talked about All Seasons. I went with my husband, and another couple, for a fun Saturday night double date. The restaurant was really busy, which to me, is always a great sign! The atmosphere was exactly was we were hoping for. We were seated at a cozy table in the corner, great for people watching! The food was outstanding, and our service was great.
Both Liz, and the owner were amazing. We really felt taken care of the whole evening. Cheers to you guys, and thanks for the great night!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to this place for dinner twice. Once 5 years ago and once 2 years ago. Although I have eaten at Michelin rated restaurants and many steakhouses like Gotham and Hy's, this was far from what was expected. First of all the price for what was received wasn't what I was expecting. It wasn't bad at all. It just didn't have the wow factor expected, either in taste or in service. Food takes awhile to come out, which is understandable but the wait time was bordering my limit. The place is a bit cramped. It looks busy so I'm sure it is striking accord to some people. My personal opinion was that this was just average for me. Could be just my taste or I could of gone on the chef's bad night. Either way nothing bad, nothing good.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very simple and uncomplicated menu with creative selections. The wine list is extensive but in my view expensive. Service was very average bordering on poor. I had heard it was usually quiet attentive but not on this visit. Portions were on the smaller side. But overall it tasted good and worth the visit.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Same old crap! Sundried, pine-nuts, olive oil, and rediculous salads. Nelson is full of this crap. Way over priced for the hype. Veggy people dont even like it.

2  Thank Trent H
PabloArch, Owner at All Seasons Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hi Trent. Not sure where to begin with you and your opinion but as you made 42 restaurant reviews over the course of one week I'm hoping you just confused yourself and thusly confused the All Seasons Cafe with some other establishment. Your reviews tend to favor pub foods and hot dog carts so this may have led to your disappointment when you finally needed to use a knife and fork to eat.

Firstly I'm not sure what you refer to as "All the Hype" Certainly not coming from us at our end. The All Seasons Cafe prides itself on presenting hand crafted meals in an unpretentious manner. Our foods are classic Medeteraenean and French in preparation.

Our menu showcases Crispy Skin Duck, Rack of Lamb, Beef Tenderloin, Free Range Chicken Breast, BC Halibut, BC Salmon, BC Char, BC Sablefish, BC Prawns, BC Scallops. Yes we also have many Vegeterean entrees included daily on our menu.

Please feel free to come back to the All Seasons Cafe as it is very close to Trail.