“yum”
Review of The Library Lounge

The Library Lounge
Ranked #2 of 97 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Hume Hotel has three different food outlets to eat in that offer the same menu and a vast array of food. A family restaurant called the General Store, an intimate fireside lounge featuring live jazz called the Library Lounge or a lively, old English-style bar called Mike's Place Pub. We cook up amazing steaks, pastas, seafood, the '100 Mile Burger', sandwiches, salads and homemade desserts. There is a full Gluten-Free menu available. We are also known for a legendary Sunday Brunch that goes from 11am - 2pm every Sunday. We are popular for our consistency, generous portions, food quality and reasonable prices all to be enjoyed in a character atmosphere that was built in 1898. There is no place like the Hume.
Nelson, Canada
“yum”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I love the halibut and the 100 mile burger!! I love how they try hard to support local farmers and business. great all around experience!! thank you

Visited November 2012

Kootenay National Park, Canada
“Another one of our regular places duirng the off season.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice, old hotel. Nice dining room, or you can eat in the music lounge. Full menu. Good service. Consistent.

Locals don't eat there during the summer, as they can't handle it when it's too busy. Then the service is rushed, and the kitchen is inconsistent

Visited November 2012
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“pop into the library”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

we only had a short time in nelson and had already booked for dinner somewhere else. we popped in for a lunchtime coffee and returned for an after dinneer drink later. it was very busy but nothing seemed too much trouble for well trained and friendly servers. the food looked delicious and was being well appreciated from the others in the room.

• Visited October 2012
Fruitvale, Canada
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped by for a quick lunch. The salad bar was OK. The quiche was very good. Our server was pleasant and the food came quickly.

Visited October 2012
Nelson, Canada
“A local favorite for a reason”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I started eating at the Hume's General Store in 2007. Over the years I have lived outside of Nelson and have recently come back. I ordered a fish n chips delivered through their new business extension Hume2Go. Normally for a delivery of this type of food where different sauces and dips are required, I am a bit timid as most places forget one item or another. Not so with Hume2Go. They made sure I had enough vinegar (which I don't really use), ketchup (for their awesome fries), tartar sauce (for the fish), salad dressing, salt n pepper, and the full array of eating utensils. This was a good sign to a meal as they are focused enough to prepare everything on-the-go for their guest.

The fish was fresh, soft, and juicy. If I remember correctly it was halibut. It wasn't one of those 50% batter and 40% fish and 10% air type of fish n chips. This was one of those lightly battered but crispy and soft n juicy in the inside type. My wife and I were delighted. The portions were a bit too big for us. We ordered two orders, but in retrospect we should of ordered one order and share with possibility in ordering an appy instead.

Delivery charge wasn't ludicrous. I was surprised the total cost of food for two orders, tax, tip, and delivery fee was almost what I used to pay for delivered food in Victoria and Vancouver. Wow! Just another incentive to eat in the comfort of my home/office. :) It didn't take too long either.

Would I repeat? YES
Would I recommend? YES

TIP: Try out their fish n chips. I ate in all the restaurants of Nelson, and I think the Hume's got it right.

• Visited September 2012