“worth the drive”

Amanda's Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 104 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I find the Chinese food here just better than anything in town or elsewhere, less greasy and it just seems healthier. You would have to drive over the bridge (or walk), its right there at the Villa Motel. Far better than a motel restaurant, and the service has always been pleasant and good. Authentic Chines cook too. Closed on certain days of the week. Named after owner's daughter I hear.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Service was good and the portions were generous. We found the food to be well prepared, fresh and, as far as it went, tasty. Having travelled extensively in the far east, we found the food a bit on the blad side, lacking the "tastes" we associate with Oriental food. Compared to other Chinese restaurants we visited on the same trip, prices were a bit on the high side.

Still, if you're in Nelson, and fance Chinese, you won't go far wrong.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

During our stay at villa motel just near we tried this restaurant! Waitress have a big smile and when we left this place we were full! Lemon chicken is very big for price and the special was good!
A good place to stop if you are hungry.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I drove 1/2 the day to get to Nelson for an early presentation the next morning. This place was near my hotel so I dropped by for quick take-out. Other reviewers are right, the building is in sad shape.
The server asked if I knew what I wanted and I replied no because the menu page on their mobile site was down. She said that oh yeah that hadn't worked in a long time. That didn't bode well but I was tired and hungry.
The order came up quickly and I took it back to my room. I changed into pajamas to settle in for the night with my food and my notes only to discover there was no cutlery or chopsticks, not even a napkin in the bag. Really?! If you're not going to put supplies in with take-out as a rule, doesn't it seem like a good idea to ask if they are needed?
I picked at the food a bit and it was passable - hot and cooked right. But sorry, I would not recommend it based on the careless service.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The building is in bad shape. The staff is very friendly. The food is excellent. The prices are reasonable.