“thank goodness for the prime rib!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Baker Street Grill

Baker Street Grill
Ranked #35 of 93 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Italian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We offer a top-notch Sunday Brunch served every Sunday between 9:30 am and 1:30 pm. You can expect soups, salads, fruits & vegetables, made-to-order omelettes, waffles, and amazing homemade desserts. Lunch & dinner hosts many traditional favourites such as delicious homemade soups, salads, burgers, wraps, pastas and our signature rotisserie chicken and ribs as well as grilled steaks, wild BC salmon and more.
Calgary, Canada
“thank goodness for the prime rib!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

i had the prime rib and my wife had the salmon. we werent expecting much, just a decent dinner after a long, busy day. almost everything had something wrong with it :(. i had a started of caesar salad - the amount of parm cheese seemed greatly out of sync with the portion of salad, and the lettuce was a bit brown, and seemed to contain several ends. i also think the croutons seemed house-made, which is great, but they may need to be toasted a bit longer, as they were more like bread crumbs. my yorkshire pudding was really dark brown, almost totally burnt. The gravy similarily had a burnt taste to it. the mashed potatoes, both my wifes, and mine tasted like the instant potatoes you get at a truck stop - very grainy. im assuming the vegetables were meant to be al dente, but they seemed more like barely cooked at all. im sure they werent blanched before grilling. my wife is Irish and has never left a potato alone in her life, and she ended up leaving half the pile, as she just couldnt eat anymore. one of the red peppers she had with the grilled veggie medley was completely covered on the inside with herbs, so much so that you couldnt see the pepper itself. My wife has had undercooked and overcooked salmon before, but shes still loved it, cause its fresh salmon after all, and you pretty much cant mess that up no matter what you do, but unfortunately this was the driest salmon shes ever had, and it took both our waters for her to be able to eat it. the staff seemed really nice, and despite the 15-odd seniors hovering by the till the whole time we were there, the atmosphere was really nice as well, clean and lighted well. the prime rib was very good, moist, and joicy, and perfectly cooked, by far the best part of the meal!

• Visited May 2013

Gibsons, Canada
“So lucky it was attached”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even if I were not staying in this hotel, I would have wanted to eat here. Great staff, nice selection of delicious food, good prices.

Visited April 2013
“Great food and friendly service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family met at the Grill last night for dinner as some of us are from out of town our table of 9 took longer to arrive than expected. As we sat there drinking our coffee not so patiently waiting for the rest of our family our server was friendly, outgoing and never made us feel like she wanted us to eat and get out (which happens in places as they approach closing) once everyone arrived our boys has milkshakes that were AMAZING!! Our food range from nachos, chicken pene, club sandwich to a bowl of soup paired nicley with focccia bread suggested by our server and everything was great, portions were huge for what we paid! As great as the good was my favorite part of our meal was watching our server listen to my elderly mother talk about her face cream and how she is turning 75 this year she laughed and told my mom "you don't look a day over 50" and smiled and listened genuinely to her even though I know it was passed closing time. To sum it up our experience was wonderful from being greeted at the door to the second we walked out the door, I asked our server for a comment card and she advised me of this site so a huge thank you to all the staff of the Baker Street Grill especially our server Lexi we will most certainly be back!!

Ryan M, General Manager at Baker Street Grill, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
What great feedback and kudos to Lexi for making you feel so welcome and comfortable during your dinner. We have been lucky to have Lexi on board with us for the past year. Chef Cliff Schoeber has done a great job in the kitchen with the food quality and many of the guests that stay in the hotel have been loving the meals.

We appreciate the online review that lets the rest of the world know what we already know.

I will be sure to share your comments with Lexi.
Lethbridge, Canada
“Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good variety menu, reasonably priced, reasonable service for large groups, licenced beverages available, good portions, clean, comfortable.

Visited June 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Touch of San Francisco in Nelson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My fourth visit to the Grill, haven't had a bad meal here yet, the long narrow dining room, and the wood floors and windows give a real north beach feel to the place.
The servers are the same as four years ago, that says something,
Great Baker Street location,