The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$111
$83
Alpine Inn and Suites(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$91
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$91
$176
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$114
$161
Cloudside Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Dancing Bear Inn(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$49
All reviewslibrary loungethe pubgeneral storefourth floormike's placespirit barhistoric hotellive jazzjuliet suitebreakfast was includedmodern amenitieshot breakfastliquor storeold buildingroom ratelimited parkingwonderful hotel
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have travelled the world and experienced everything from the sublime to the ridiculous... Yet sometimes you go somewhere and you know that it would be very difficult ( not impossible) to do any better. That exemplifies the Hume Hotel in Nelson... From our room ( Minnie's Room), which was a tasteful period renovation, to the helpful staff; from the incentives ... Buy ski ski passes - get a bar voucher, to the good sense... Don't get your room made up - get a voucher! This is both business savvy and environmentally savvy!! We had breakfasts which committed us to a lot of skiing to burn them off! The restaurant was superb in the evening! Mikes bar was truly fun ... Our Canadian experience of hockey, wings and beer (Nelson brewing craft beers!!!) will be a truly remembered evening! Thanks to everyone at the Hume!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan M, General Manager at Hume Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thanks so much for the very generous review of our establishment. It is rare in this business to say that one could experience a 'perfect stay'. I am so grateful for the quality staff that keep this place running so smoothly. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and spreading the good word.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My flight was cancelled and I had to stay a night in Nelson, stressed out worrying about whether I could get to my family in time for Christmas. Someone else on the shuttle bus was staying at the Hume. I called and the friendly reception person said a room was ready and I could come right over. When I got there everyone was so nice I thought I must be dreaming. The room looked lovely-- almost like a room in a mansion. I enjoyed every moment there. In the morning I was served a well cooked, healthy, tasty breakfast by yet another friendly employee. I was sorry to leave!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

It sounds as though you experienced the wrath of 'Cancelgar' but I am happy that we made an unfortunate situation actually enjoyable for you. You were looked after by an amazing crew of staff both front of the house and back of the house. Our free, full hot breakfast continues to be a driving force in keeping people coming back year after year. We appreciate the review!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were lucky enough to be able to have a relative who has health challenges join us for the holidays. Instead of having her come to our home we decided it would be different to choose a Hotel that served Christmas Day dinner. Are we ever glad we chose The Hume!! Wonderful customer service began as soon as we entered the front door and it ended, sadly, as we exited to return home. Our guests chose to stay in the Juliette Room and they so enjoyed having a newly refurbished room. It was decorated beautifully and it did not resemble the typical sterile hotel room one finds in most hotels....modern but so warm and inviting.
My husband and I chose to go for the Heritage look and were so happy we did as it reminded us of visits to Grandmas' house but with all the amenities. Both rooms were very different from each other but both were extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable.

I don't have enough complimentary words to describe how well the dining room staff took care of our every need and always with a smile. Richard was his usual self, doing many things at once but doing them all well and Adam, our server for Christmas dinner was so charming and attentive the ladies at the table wanted to bundle him up and take him home with them.(sorry Adam,lol) And, the food was soooo goood! Everything was fresh and served piping hot. The complimentary breakfast choices one gets are unbelievable. Compliments to the morning chef(s) for the great sausages! I would go there just for them. This holiday was so enjoyed by all of us we are planning on repeating it again next year. Our compliments to Ryan Martin and all the staff for giving us a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Juliette Room has a great soaker tub in it. and the Corner suite was large and bright with 4 windows and a great for people watching in downtown Nelson as they pass below on the sidewalk.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We live in Nelson and frequently dine in the Hume dining room, in the Library Lounge and have attended many functions in the various venues within the hotel. My spouse is a Rotarian and every Friday for 25 years he has enjoyed lunch in the Hume Room. The staff is always attentive, warm and friendly, particularly Richard who has been at the Hume forever! And don't forget Greg, their catering manager, who can be seen running about the hotel ensuring his guests have everything they need. I grew up in Nelson as well, and can say even 35 years ago the service was outstanding - Mike's Pub was THE place to go, especially at Christmas time when everyone we knew was home for the holidays. Where did we meet? At Mike's Pub of course; and now our children come home for the holidays and they all go to Mike's as well! Ryan Martin and his staff have done a super job carrying on the high quality of service and ensuring the deliciousness of the meals, well established by his parents Dave and Shiela. You will not be disappointed, and if you are, just ask one of the great staff for help and they will go above and beyond to ensure you are satisfied.

Room Tip: Never stayed here as we live here - just eat, drink and be merry!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013

More than I usually spend on a hotel, but still reasonable. Some of the best customer service I've ever had from the friendly staff, they really made us feel welcome. Room was clean and modern with a comfortable bed. We really enjoyed the pub, and had a great time with the other members of the wedding party.The location is pretty convenient to walking around Nelson, though the parking can be a pain if you choose to drive away for sightseeing, often you'll come back to a full lot on the weekend. Definitely coming back on our next Kootney trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends