Mountain Hound Inn
$146
$116
The Blaylock Mansion(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$133
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$76
Alpine Inn and Suites(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$72
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$92
Cloudside Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$112
$108
Dancing Bear Inn(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$47
Hume Hotel & Spa(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$108
$101
The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$115
$111
Orbitz.com
All reviewsthe main streetroom was cleanbasic accommodationsno elevatorstreet parkingfront desk staffbudget hoteleasy walking accesswould stay here againvisiting nelsondowntown areamuffinsbedsesquekettle
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Small hotel situated downtown on Baker Street with charming little rooms. Without the frills and gimmicks of large chain hotels they definitely make up for it in quality of rooms and service. If you want a quiet relaxing stay, I recommend the Mountain Hound.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My parents and I stayed at the Mountain Hound Inn for a weekend while we were attending a family wedding. The rooms were small, but we didn't spend much time in them, other than sleeping and changing clothes. The beds were really comfy and I found the rooms quiet, even though other reviews thought they were noisy. There is no view, but I was ok with that. There is air conditioning and that was a bonus because the weekend that I was there, it was very hot and humid. The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful; they even suggested a great, new Italian restaurant around the corner (Itsa) and it was fabulous! The Inn is located on Baker Street and it was a great location for shopping, bars and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights at this Inn. The rooms are very small, but that would have been OK.The other stuff wasn't OK at all. The day after our first night, I placed the sign "Maid to clean" ... it was probably just a decoration on the door because the room wasn't cleaned. The second day finally, somebody came in and did the beds but didn't pick up the garbage which I have to take it out myself. Two days in a row I found huge ants talking walks on the walls of the room. The walls of the rooms are so thin that even when you have a normal talk, you can be heard perfectly from the adjacent rooms. The so-called continental breakfast is terrible:watered juice, colored-water coffee. .. and no sitting area for your breakfast either!

The parking doesn't exist ... it's wherever around the city you can find a spot!

The shocking thing though was the price: $89/night. Higher than the motels on the side of the highways which still have a fridge, a coffee machine (with the complimentary coffee supplied) and a microwave in the room. No such "luxury" to Mountain Hound Inn!

We go pretty often to Nelson and we stayed to other hotels which charged $89/night, and they had all the amenities in the room and for the breakfast. To not mention that I didn't have to carry out of the room the garbage, ever!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Flanto
MountainHoundInn, General Manager at Mountain Hound Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

I am sorry about your situation with housekeeping. During that week we were training a number of new staff. If you had mentioned the lack of housekeeping in your room I would have gone to your room and cleaned it myself. Again, I am very sorry. As to your other complaints: Our free coffee available all day is not "colored water". It is in fact supplied by Kootenay Coffee which is a local organic fair trade brand. There is a counter with 2 stools as well as a leather sofa in the lobby if you choose to eat there. We have a number of rooms with fridges which are available upon request. Our parking is metered and on street. This is clearly explained when you reserve as well as in your confirmation letter. Our walls are made of cinder block and concrete. I have guests check out every day amazed at how quiet the room was. Our rates are very competitive to other hotels in the area, some of which do not offer A/C. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. My staff work so hard to make our guests happy and we take it very personally when we get that one rare time our guests leave unhappy. I will do my best to make all of our future customers stays a pleasant one.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

Parking is tight, rooms are a bit spartan but the prices were good; staff friendly and location exceptional. Definitely a transit hotel rather than a lounging resort.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2009

Good Location, clean. Staff helpful and friendly.
Doesn't meet the definition of a "boutique hotel" unless the cinder blocks are "quirky".
Lacks amenities - like a hairdryer!!!
Feels like a jail cell with the cinder-block walls - definitely could use some creative painting.
Bathrooms like those in the old 50's motel
Morning continental "breakfast" awful - coffee terrible - really a joke - a bruised apple, a couple oranges and some pastries. They could at least splurge on organic coffee - it is Nelson, after all!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple