Mountain Hound Inn
$86
$149
$116
BestWestern.com
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$92
Alpine Inn and Suites(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$73
Cloudside Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$113
$109
Hume Hotel & Spa(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$109
$105
The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$116
$112
Hotwire.com
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$77
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main streetroom was cleanbasic accommodationsno elevatorstreet parkingfront desk staffbudget hoteleasy walking accesswould stay here againvisiting nelsondowntown areamuffinsbedsesquekettle
Reviewed April 27, 2013

You can't complain about $90 a night right in the middle of town! Whilst the Mountain Hound may not be the prettiest of hotels, its situated right in the centre of quaint Baker Street and its clean and comfortable enough for the average traveller. The staff is friendly and helpful - the receptionist even offered to put money in our car's meter for us. The bed was comfortable and the shower pressure just perfect. The TV is a bit on the small side - about 20 inch. If you are looking for a romantic getaway it may not be the best choice, but if you want to be where the action is at a low cost then I would recommend it. Don't expect to be 'wowed', just expect value for money... and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SagMoonTravels
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We decided to stay right downtown but wouldn't stay again. Evening staff was very accommodating but we were very disappointed. Our rooms didnt get made up, no clean cups or bathroom cleaned when we returned from skiing. Two clean towels but there were 3 of us. Rooms very small, dark and no plugins in bathroom. Flat screen tv's are very, very small. My laptop is bigger! Wifi is terrible, couldn't load up some sites or it dropped out completely. Continental breakfast is very low key, ate when we left here. As I said, we wouldn't stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MountainHoundInn, Manager at Mountain Hound Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Hello,
I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our Housekeeping staff is usually VERY good at keeping up with our guests needs. I will be talking to them and finding out what happened with your room as to why it wasn't taken care of. Our rooms are on the smaller side and that is why are prices are so reasonable. There is an outlet in the bathroom, it is just under the light above the sink. I can see how you could have missed it. Once again, I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Spent a night there recently. Great location, was quiet, neat and tidy, inexpensive, good beds. Staff was great especially Lilly, very friendly and helpful. A great place to ski and crash. They brew a good cup of coffee in the morning as well. Next time I go ski Whitewater this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in December 2012 passing through the Kootneys. Great, clean, inexpensive central location right on Nelson's main street. I like that it's independently owned. Amenities are basic and our room was small, but this place offers wonderful value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I loved my time at the Mountain Hound and have recommended it ever since I stayed there a month ago. The staff went out of there way more then a few times to make sure we had everything we needed. The beds are way above the norm for a hotel of any price range, and the location was perfect (right on Baker in the heart of the down town). They try hard and it shows!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family