“Great Brunch”

Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Nelson
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful patio in downtown Nelson. Enjoyed in the Autumn sunshine. Breakfast Quesadilla was absolutely delicious...however, one dish could have fed us both...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Exceptional Food and Drinks! My favourite place in Nelson. Staff is extremely friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Four (4) of us were in Nelson on Saturday 29 September walking up and down Baker Street the main drag in Nelson. We stopped for lunch at Cantina Del Centro a notable Mexican style restaurant on Baker Street. It was a warm day and my friend ordered the Mezcal Lime Margarita @ $13.00 (bebida cara) which he raved about. His wife had the Ginger Cardamon Lime @12.00. My wife had the house wine (Sauv. Blanc) @ $8.00, I had a Pacifico cerveza @ $7.00. We ordered the Cantina Nachos piled high in nachos and mucho Queso (cheese) @ $18.00 to begin the feast. We ordered lunch which consisted of two (2) tacos de pescados (fish) @ $7.50 ($3.25 each) and three (3) tacos de camaron (shrimp). Total bill was $84.59 not including a $10.00 tip. Overall, this restaurant was a delight to be at outside on their street level patio, albeit the music was not Spanish or Mexican but some combination of rap and hip hop which was a bit annoying.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Went for lunch with friends. Service was very good even though it was shift change we were well looked after. Food was good too.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

For several years we wanted to try the good in this extraordinarily cramped tapas eatery but were forced to give up time and again due to wait times. Thanks to the owners decision to purchase, invest and remodel the joint next door, one can get in and have a great culinary experience in with a fantastic vibe usually found in much bigger cities.

Ambience: club casual. It’s Nelson, after all, so you have dressed up gals and casual guys. I worked black jeans, boots and funky top (it was cold!) and was comfortable. The front is a small grill, then a long, renovated bar followed by booths and tables in the back. The full kitchen (which the owner pumped $750k into) is downstairs. How do I know this? I saw a guy in a t short and black velvet coat going around handing out free tequila shots. I bet my husband he was the owner. So when he came to our table, I asked- and won the bet.

Live DJs on Saturday night- we hit the right night completely by accident- it was the grand opening and the first DJ was tops - the second one not so much- but it’s a personal preference. The sound system is excellent - and the DJ being located right by the bar was fun.

Food- tapas. Wow. Here’s the rule- three notes and the item is gone. We had fish, pork, chicken and beef tacos, and also tuna tostadas- which were my favorite. I could have eaten the sauce by the spoonful.

Drinks. I had virgin drinks per usual, but others reported they liked the drinks as much as Louie’s steakhouse (made by Scott), which says something. Coincidentally, it was Scott who told us we had to/must give cantina del centro one last shot given the renovations (thanks Scott!).

Tip- dress warm if you are going prime time because it’s zero waiting room by the front door- very New York.

2  Thank SarahGerdes