“Mucho Margarita!!!”

Cantina Del Centro
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Langley City, Canada
“Mucho Margarita!!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Loved the ginger cardamon margarita!!! We all had different tacos and they were awesome too. Definite must if in Nelson. Can't wait to go back. Friendly staff and great food and great prices. What more can you ask for.

• Visited April 2014

kelowna bc
“Best tacos ever!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Best mexican tacos with a funky gourmet twist! Great value. Cool atmosphere. Good service. Very fast. We started with a plan for four tacos and ended up with 12!
Eat here. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank petes018
Crawford Bay, BC
“Finally! Some good Mexican food!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

As a former Southwesterner, now Canadian, I find most Mexican food in Canada cringe-worthy. Then I found Cantina del Centro. Tacos al Pastor! Frijoles refritos! Fish & shrimp tacos! All really good. And the drinks are amazing, made with tamarind, or lime & ginger beer, or raspberry juice - try them all!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cbay
Nelson, Canada
“Shooting for the stars”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Cantina is my favorite place to eat in Nelson! I had my fourth visit there recently, and they keep getting better. I love how I can be eating and drinking with a few minutes of sitting down. Seriously! The servers are friendly and professional.
My favorite dishes are the chicken quesadilla, meat taco plate, ceviche, guacamole, tostada, and chocolate torte. Everything seems simple, but the flavors are surprisingly complex. The kitchen take cares and pays attention to the little details. The salsas are tasty and let me choose how spicy I want my food.
I do wish the chairs were cushioned. They are fine for a while, but not something I want to sit on for hours. I only review places that stand out and deserve a high rating. They impressed me over and over.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TableFourOne
Mezcaleria K, Manager at Cantina Del Centro, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
So glad you came across Cantina del Centro on your way. Hope you had enjoyed Nelson and its surroundings. We are glad to hear that flavors where good...that is what we are aiming for, as per portions, we are working on more generous portions as well as new dishes! Hope to see you around again and thanks for your feedback.
British Columbia
“Fresh, fresh, fresh!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lunch on Oct. 20th, 2013
Ordered both the taco specials which were prawn and fish and a bowl of Taco Soup.
The tacos are soft shelled, about 4" across so a nice few bites. Both were excellent!
Served at a perfectly nice temperature, with fresh cilantro, tasted fresh, fresh, fresh!
The taco soup was unique in that the taco bits were served separately so you could add crunch to your soup or eat the crunchy bits on their own.
Sauce was separate so you could add as much heat as you like.
Non alcoholic Hibiscus Agua Fresca, simply heaven!
Nice dishes to eat off, nice service, great food, reasonable cost, convenient location on the main drag, easy parking!!
Highly recommend for a quick, tasty lunch!

• Visited October 2013
Thanks for your awesome review...yes we use fresh ingredients all the time and we are proud to say that. When the weather allows we source local ingredients!