“One of our Most Favorite Places”
Review of Jagannath Express

Jagannath Express
Ranked #38 of 102 Restaurants in Nelson
Description: Jagannath Express is a vegetarian food stand in Nelson BC. We make East-Indian and Kootenay fusion food Quesadillas and Rice Bowls. We make almost everything we serve in-house and use organic ingredients and as much local produce as possible. Find us at the downtown Wednesday market and Cottonwood Saturday market.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We now live in Nelson BC and I can tell you - it is a haven for vegetarians. This spot has fresh food, great service and a lovely atmosphere to eat in. We do lunch often here.

1  Thank Sahayoga
Ryan M, Owner at Jagannath Express, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2016

Thank you so much for the nice review!

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

This is such a nice place! Quality food conscious and vegetarian. All the dishes are well thought and adapt Indian meals to the western world in a nice and traditional way.

1  Thank GuiHom

Thank you for taking the time to write us a nice review!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is the best tasting food I've had since moving to Western Canada 2 years ago. I realized as I was eating that I had forgotten what good food tasted like.

Pros: delicious food, lovely, helpful, patient service, pleasant, calm, relaxed atmosphere.

Coms: I don't live close enough to partake often enough, they're closed on sundays.

1  Thank Subcortically

We are now open Sundays! 8-3pm. Also open @ 8 every day of the week!

Thank you for the nice review!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I came across this excellent vegetarian bistro a few years ago through a friend's recommendation. I ordered a bowl that had everything in it. A few years passed while I was away living in Victoria. I recently came back to joyfully eating here once again. The owner was very pleasant and helpful. I explained my previous experience with the bowl and he recommended the Krishna bowl (I probably spelt it wrong). It was delicious. I do not know what I ate but I know it was clean, flavourful, interesting, and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend to non-vegetarians and vegetarians alike. I understand how many non-vegetarians scoff at vegetarian dishes but this is vegetarian done right. Do take the opportunity to find this gem in Nelson and enjoy some natural flavours.

2  Thank Frank S

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice descriptive review, we appreciate it!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Yummy veggie food and great treats. Great variety of indian influenced veggies and sauces. Staff is very helpful and kind.

1  Thank Nicole C

Thank you for the nice review!