“A complete zen experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jagannatha Express Vegetarian Bistro & Organic Juice Bar

Jagannatha Express Vegetarian Bistro & Organic Juice Bar
Ranked #36 of 94 Restaurants in Nelson
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Jagannatha Express Vegetarian Bistro & Organic Juice Bar. We make East-Indian and Kootenay fusion food. We make almost everything we serve in-house and use organic ingredients and as much local produce as possible. We are environmentally conscious and compost all of our organic waste. We also try to give back to the community by supporting Food Not Bombs in Nelson.
Brisbane, Australia
“A complete zen experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is the best tasting food I've had since moving to Western Canada 2 years ago. I realized as I was eating that I had forgotten what good food tasted like.

Pros: delicious food, lovely, helpful, patient service, pleasant, calm, relaxed atmosphere.

Coms: I don't live close enough to partake often enough, they're closed on sundays.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Subcortically
Ryan M, Owner at Jagannatha Express Vegetarian Bistro & Organic Juice Bar, responded to this review, March 19, 2016
We are now open Sundays! 8-3pm. Also open @ 8 every day of the week!

Thank you for the nice review!

Nelson, Canada
“A welcoming door to the vegetarian lifestyle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I came across this excellent vegetarian bistro a few years ago through a friend's recommendation. I ordered a bowl that had everything in it. A few years passed while I was away living in Victoria. I recently came back to joyfully eating here once again. The owner was very pleasant and helpful. I explained my previous experience with the bowl and he recommended the Krishna bowl (I probably spelt it wrong). It was delicious. I do not know what I ate but I know it was clean, flavourful, interesting, and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend to non-vegetarians and vegetarians alike. I understand how many non-vegetarians scoff at vegetarian dishes but this is vegetarian done right. Do take the opportunity to find this gem in Nelson and enjoy some natural flavours.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Frank S
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice descriptive review, we appreciate it!
Nelson, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Veggie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Yummy veggie food and great treats. Great variety of indian influenced veggies and sauces. Staff is very helpful and kind.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Nicole C
Thank you for the nice review!
Ontario
“One of the Best Spots in Nelson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We eat here each and every time we go to Nelson. Hands down our favorite restaurant but not open for dinner

1 Thank Sahayoga
Thanks for the nice review!
We are now open until 7pm Monday - Saturday, and 3 on Sundays.