“Mothers Day”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Nelson, Canada
“Mothers Day”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I came to Relish on Mother's Day with my mother, mother-in-law, and son. We sat in a cute little corner by the window. The goat cheese prawns were to die for and our meals were also very tasty. Service was good. My only complaint is that the male bartender was cursing quite loud at one point which I thought was highly inappropriate. Will definitely be returning.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank kootenaylady
Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for rating is on trip advisor and brining this issue to my attention. I have taken steps to insure this behavior will happen again.

Nelson, Canada
“Average at Best”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

After reading mostly good reviews on Trip Advisor for Rel-ish I was excited to try it. Unfortunately my experience did not meet expectations. Six of us had dinner on a Sunday night and I feel I an average rating is being generous. Maybe it was just an off night?

The cocktail list has a good selection but the margarita came with pepper in it? The description in the menu just says "on the rocks" so if you are going to mess around with a classic margarita at least put the description in the menu. To give credit where credit is due the server did re-make the margarita as a classic and was much improved. The wine list consists of a very limited selection of Okanagan swill. If you want to drink decent wine bring your own. Corkage is $15.

Appetizers were decent. The stuffed prawns had a bit too many flavours going on and probably don't need the cheese. The cheese bread was good but at $8 also pricey. The beans were good.

Dinner -- ok, where to start. We had five different entrees and four of them were disappointing.

The burger had nice greens but the bun was dry and verging on stale and hamburger patty lacked any flavour, fries (if you could even call them that) were overcooked and crunchy and looked like they were from the bottom of the bag. The seafood pasta special was supposed to come with a white wine pesto sauce. It was literally swimming in very thin, watery, tasteless sauce without any resemblance of pesto. The ribs, while tender were quite tasteless. They needed basting under a broiler or something to add some flavour. The salmon was ok but the noodles it came with were way overcooked and soggy. Again giving credit where due the fisherman's pie was good.
The creme brûlée had some potential but was undercooked so the custard was runny. Judging by the colour of the custard I don't think free range eggs were used. The sugar crust was thin.. too thin and vanilla extract (not bean) was used to flavour.

The service was decent, however I felt the server did not give our table enough attention. Once the bill finally came it took forever for her to come back to settle it. Given that we spent $400 and brought our own wine I felt disappointed by the entire experience. Unfortunately I can't recommend and unlikely will be back.

Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
I am surprised to hear that your experience was disappointing. Our prosciutto wrapped prawns are by far the most popular appetizer on our menu. People flock here for them and we would never consider modifying them. It is unfortunate that you were disappointed with your entrees. We work hard to be consistent and the description of your entrees does not sound like food we like to present. We pride ourselves in serving a small selection of BC VQA wine. We listen to what people like, change it on a regular basis and serve almost all of it by the glass. We are also a small restaurant and have limited space for storage. I do apologize for the time it took to settle up your bill. We were inconvenienced by the card machine being down due to internet service issues. It did take a bit of time to get matters resolved and back on track. Thank you for your input.
Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada
“Impressed!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Very impressed with the extremely tasty food at Rel-ish. No idea why it has taken us so long to discover this place, but now that we have we will definitely be going back. 3 of us shared Macho Nachos (new to the menu) and all agreed they were the best we had ever had. We added beef, which was a master stroke - so tasty! Aunt May burger was a treat, and those fries - oh my!! Great food, and not at all the standard fare. Glad we booked as the place was busy, but the service was still very good.

Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for rating us on trip advisor. We appreciate the time you have taking to let us know his we are doing. Your comments lets us know how to improve and what to keep the same.
bc
“Fresh”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Unless you arrive early, you will be seated against a long wall of tables. Not very private so not suitable for more intimate dining. There are ? 4 small individual tables but these fill up quickly.

Found the prices a bit high. Service was extremely slow, arrived at 5:30, drink orders not taken till 6 & ate at 7pm.

Food fresh and tasty. Unless seated out on lovely patio, interior not really suitable for small children.

Trevor D, Manager at Rel-ish, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for rating us on trip advisor. There are a lot of senerios in a dining experience. We are sorry to hear that your evening did not go as planned. Our entire staff works very hard to ensure everyone is satisfied.
Fernie, BC
“Savory Food - excellent Value- Best kids menu on this Earth”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had Sunday Lunch, with my Love and children 11&9. (I love them too). Coffee for two was KicKing Horse fresh ground in a stainless steal bodem. Nice touch.

The food here is Real Gourmet! Burgers were spot on. Salads fresh.

Our server was sooooo attentive. If the owner is reading this, she was the polite brunette working Sunday April 27.

The best part was the kids menu! No chicken finger crap here! The girls enjoyed fall off the bone Ribs , garlic mashed potatoes , mescaline salads.

I wish I could order off the kids menu!

• Visited April 2014
Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for rating us on trip advisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing.