“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I really enjoyed the fisherman's pie as well as the lemon pie for dessert. Great little restaurant right on Baker St. Atmosphere was nice, service was okay.

Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you, we take all comments seriously.
We appreciate knowing we are doing well.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I ate here for the first time on Valentine's Day. Despite how busy they were the food came fairly quickly. We ate the Goat cheese stuffed prawns and they were delish!!! The Fisherman's Pie was so yummy and the dessert was heaven - chocolate mousse cake.The service could have been better which is why only 4 stars. I hate having no wine when my meal comes and after main was delivered she never returned to ask how everything was. It was delish but if she had she would have noticed I needed more wine :( Can't wait to return for lunch next time in Nelson.

Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for the honest opinion. I am glad the food was great.
I will address the service issue promptly. Look forward
To serving you lunch in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Have eaten at this restaurant more than a dozen times and did so this evening. When I arrived, the waitress had just taken orders for two larger tables which filled half of the restaurant. She politely informed me that it may be a while for my food but said she would check with the chef once I had made my selection. As a compromise, I ordered the jerk chicken pene as I felt it may be easier to prepare, and was quite pleased when the waitress came back to inform me that my meal would be about 15 minutes!
When my meal arrived it was hot, pasta cooked perfectly, lots of chicken combined with a wonderfully rich, flavorful sauce. The dish although spicy, did not have the typical intense heat associated with some jerk dishes which would allow for its appeal to a wider consumer group. I have yet to experience disappointment from Trevor and his staff. Another excellent meal, warm friendly service and an ice cold Stella!

On a side note....nice to see that the chef/owner actually takes the time to respond to any negative reviews on the Tripadvisor site as it shows a genuine care for the customers. Too bad more restauranteurs don't follow his example.

Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you, we appreciate everyone's all comments.
They help us keep our service and food consistent for everyone.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

If you are in a hurry for dinner, this place is not for you. Started with the Chipolte Sweet Potato soup. Seved hot and lots of flavor, sweet with a nice chipolte flavor not over powering - excellent. We also had the Merlot off its wine list - an excellent BC wine. My husband had salmon with quonia and fresh asparagus. Quality fish. The quonia was just a little too salty to our liking. I had their dinner special, pork tenderloin wrapped in porchuetta with a light tasting bbq sauce. served with asparagus and potatoes. Asparagus for both dinners done just right with a little crunch. We did not have dessert as we were to full from dInner. Portion sizes were just right. I would not want them any larger. We travel a lot and do not find the prices out of line. In the same price range as other towns in the USA. We would definitely stop here again to eat.

Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2015

Thank you for rating us on trip advisor. We appreciate your feed back and understanding how when things get busy we do are best to keep up.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

A cheerful and pleasant dinning experience whether it's lunch or dinner your sure to be pleased. A must stop when visiting Nelson in winter or summer. Loved it!

Trevor D, Owner at Rel-ish, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate your feed back and help reviews.