“First class experience.”

Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge
Ranked #28 of 95 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A distinctly metropolitan culinary experience, in historic Nelson's bustling downtown. Whether it's an intimate evening for two, or a casual gathering amongst friends, Louie's is sure to provide an experience you won't soon forget.Specializing in signature steaks, specialty pastas, rustic thin crust pizza, and FRESH seafood, Louie's Steakhouse offers the finest quality food, and exemplary service in an area of abundant comfort.Executive Chef Adam Duff has created a dining experience focusing on regional products, and in season ingredients. We off only the finest cuts of premium aged beef, along with a menu featuring a diverse selection of appetizers, entrees and accompaniments that is sure to tantalize the most refined of palates.Our liquid chefs have created an impeccable cast of martinis -- 28 in all, and an impressive selection of signaure cocktails. Our extensive wine list focuses on wines from the region, with a bit of international flair. Not to mention award-winning Nelson Brewing Company lagers and ales on tap, and fine premium spirits.
Calgary, Canada
“First class experience.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our first time ever dining in Louie's (had been in once for a martini in the past) and i have to say i was blown away by our experience. The food was incredible and the service was flawless, that perfect balance of polished yet casual (not really a big fan of pretentious places). We'll definately be back next summer, keep up the good work guys and thanks again for a great night!

• Visited August 2012

Kelowna, Canada
“Pizza, Pizza, Pizza”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We ate at Louie's on a beautiful summer evening. Great food, great atmosphere and great service. The pizzas were spectacular and the service was even better. There is a great wine selection and the patio provides great lake views. We will be back!!

• Visited July 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Had the best spinach salad I've ever eaten here.....”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My spouse and I stopped at Louie's for lunch...we arrived at 12:30 on a Monday, before the crowd descended and had our choice of patio tables...our waiter was prompt, friendly, informative and entertaining and set the stage for a really satisfying midday meal. I had the spinach salad...BAR NONE the best I've ever eaten...spinach, beets, carrots, red onion, almonds, feta cheese...YUMMY!! The combination was superb....

My husband had the Carnivore Pizza...the three cheese mixture was wonderful, as was the flavour over all... the crust was a bit heavy but the lunch generally was really fabulous and we left satisfied, happy and not drained financially.....our advice? Make a stop here.....it will be worth your while.

• Visited August 2012
“an attempt at fine dining”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Sorry, to have chosen this restraunt, recieved under cooked food even after sending it back. Other dishes were fine but not great.
nice room, good service but the kitchen had a bad night, possibly the "A" staff was away.
on the good side they did credit the undercooked plates but that dosen't fill you with good food.
Ps. to the management...Don't disipline your staff reguarding thier work shifts in the dining room.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank Travellin49er
Nelsonfoodie, General Manager at Louie's Steakhouse and Lounge, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Travellin49er,

Thank you for your review of our establishment. Without honest comments we cannot improve. I am sorry that your experience was not up to standard. At Louie's we pride ourselves on the quality of our food, and obviously with you we fell short. I am very pleased that your service was very good and that there was an attempt to rectify the situation while you were visiting, and that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our room. As far as employee discipline goes... I personally do not recall a discussion with any staff regarding scheduling, and I have sent messages to our other department managers, and Chef to see where this stemmed from. I do apologize on behalf of our company if any employee discussion disrupted your evening; as this is never our intent. I would appreciate some more detail regarding your experience at your convenience if at all possible, as we take food quality comments very seriously. Please feel free to email me any time... Specifically the date of your visit, the dish that was undercooked, and the details of the conversation with staff that affected your enjoyment of the evening. Thank you again for your comments, they are sincerely appreciated.

Rob Little
Vernon, Canada
“Great Steak house”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great food very friendly staff, sat us in a great location to enjoy the view and experience. I would recommend Louie's Steakhouse

Visited August 2012