“13th Birthday Bash”

Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nelson Whitewater Rafting is the West Kootenays' premier rafting company. We provide transportation to and from Nelson and have four trips to choose from as well as paddleboard and kayak rentals on the lake. 1. Shenango Canyon - maximum excitement 2. Facchina Rapids - fun for everybody 3. Inflatable Kayaking - exciting 4. Scenic Float - beautiful and relaxing. Lake Rentals 1. Paddleboards 2. Kayaks 3. Inflatable Paddleboards - great for take-away rentals. Our guides are fun and experienced. Your safety is our #1 priority, and your fun a close 2nd.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 15, 2014

For my daughters 13th birthday celebration, I booked a surprise trip with Nelson Whitewater Rafting for her entire soccer team- the Nelson Selects U13 girls!!!
I knew at the time of booking that things were going to go smoothly. John with Nelson Whitewater Rafting was very organized and communicated all information and details clearly. He was easy to get ahold of and willing to accommodate any special requests that I had.
During our whitewater adventure, the guides were outstanding! They somehow new the lingo that would attract and gain the attention of 19 teenagers and thus were still able to remain professional and in control.
This excursion was not only fun but quite educational.
I know that all 22 of us in our party would do it again in a heartbeat! It was the perfect way to celebrate my daughters special day.
Thank you John and crew!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Had Pete as a wonderful tour guide, he was really entertaining and really interacted with the guests. Instead of just talking at us he was in the water with us and played games and told jokes and everyone in (and out) of the raft had an amazing time and really enjoyed themselves. The trip itself down the river was lovely, we saw a lot of wildlife and the river water is so clear you can see all the way to the bottom. Overall an excellent experience, we will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Had a wonderful time with our guide Pete. Loved the rapids and so did our teens aged 14 and 17. Will go again.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was a great first white water rafting experience for our kids (aged 9 & 11). They aren't super adventurous so the Slocan river float was perfect. We got to jump in the river and swim quite a bit and also enjoyed a few fun mild rapids. The owner of the company (our bus driver & picture taker) was great, and the river guides were awesome. Lots of fun!!!

1  Thank Ricky I
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went on a river float last week with extended family and had a wonderful time. Mostly smooth water with some fun splashy bits. A few of us even went swimming during the trip. Our driver, John, and our guide, Tanner, were both professional, friendly, and lots of fun. The safety talk at the beginning was perfect. And John took some great photos without our even knowing it!

I should mention that they managed to get us both in and out of the raft without getting our feet wet. No guarantees about what happens in the middle! Personally, I took my shoes off and kept my feet cool in the water. The floor of the raft is sort of bungeed at the sides so that the raft is always self-draining, so it's possible to get your feet wet deliberately from inside the raft. If you want things to stay dry, just put them in the centre. Had a great time.