“Couples Massage & Infrared Sauna”

Tea Garden Salon & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Spas & Wellness in Nelson
More attraction details
Owner description: Tea Garden Spa & Salon is a unique day spa & hair salon that is found tucked away in a quiet location on bustling Baker Street in downtown Nelson. Owned and operated by licensed professionals offering a diverse blend of therapeutic, relaxation and beauty services designed to soothe your mind and body. Tea Garden Spa & Salon is commited to providing exeptional holistic wellness therapies and unparalleled customer service. Our experienced, well trained specialists work as an integrated team to ensure that guests experience optimal therapeutic benefits in a relaxing and tranquil environment. We pride ourselves in knowing that the services and products used such as Aveda and Dermalogica are of the finest quality.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked couples massages on the day of our annversary - but received a call on the day of that one employee that was scheduled to do our massage was sick. The day before, she was not.
Very disappointed as this was the point of couples massage together on our special day.
As a way to help compensate they offered us free 45 minute infrared sauna. My husband hates heat in that setting - thus wasn't very relaxing for him. I didn't mind, but would have appreciated a discount, or scalp massage service instead.
The staff were very quiet, not friendly behind the desk. Being a cosmotologist/salon owner myself I could see the lack of passion for the job and customer service.
Had Crystal do my massage - did good pressure for deep tissue but only used one type of pressure. In hindsight a wellness practitioner would have been better, or scheduling with an RMT.
All in all was ok, wouldn't probably go back unfortunately.
Would have appreciated being asked from the beginning what type of massages we wanted scheduled - ex elemental massage, hot stone etc. Was not asked this question.

2  Thank lromanick

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I am very particular about my hair, as most are, and I have been disappointed time and time again.
I am adventurous with my hair but want to look like the mother that I am while still rocking something interesting.

Mark asked me questions and (gasp!) he listened to my responses. He explained what he was doing and why every step of the way. The last stylist made a little error and left 'a hole' in my layers that has been very challenging for stylists to fix. Everyone I had asked about it said I had to let it grow out. Not Mark, he gave me options, he gave me choices, and was honest about how each look would grow out.

The inside of the spa is so pretty... they created defined
spaces without just putting up a wall~the beams on the ceiling in the back were lower to create the feeling of a more intimate room but still open so light poured in.
It's a professional and visually appealing environment. (Hope that makes sense:)

Okay~back to the cut! He is amazing, he somehow made me feel like I was included in his art. I wasn't just a doll. He asked questions all the way through and I have literally never been happier with a cut.
From the moment I walked in the door~he was waiting at the reception desk to greet me and shake my hand~to the moment I left. I felt like his greatest hair creation. Because he obviously cares about what he does. So, I have finally found my new stylist.

Creative. Kind. Talented. Professional. Warm.

Massive gratitude to the staff.
~Autumn M

2  Thank Autumn M
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Was only staying in Nelson for 2 days. Blaylock Spa just outiside of Nelson offered a 30 minute scalp massage that sounded so very relaxing. I called Blaylock Spa as soon as I arrived in town, left a message on their answering machine of what service I wanted to have, when I would be leaving and phone #'s to call me. Never heard back from them that day nor the next day so thought I will find a spa in town that does want my money. Although Tea Garden Salon and Spa didn't have that exact same service, they went out of their way to provide it! It was absolutely wonderful - just not long enough! The receptionist and the therapist were willing to go out of their way to see that I was a happy customer! Hard to find a service that caters to the customer instead of vice versa. Thank you so much, you have my loyalty!

1  Thank susan5161
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

As a birthday treat I received a massage and facial, and have never felt so pampered! I walked out of there on cloud nine! I highly recommend Melisa for massage therapy. Just the best!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The Tea Garden spa is a treat. As you approach the door you can smell the delicious aroma of the organic tea you will be served on arrival and your first glimpse of the decor will not disappoint.

This spa is very well equipped and the staff are skilled, friendly and welcoming. I was passing through town while traveling and Melisa and her staff sent me on way groomed and refreshed with all that road weariness and neglect waxed and polished away.

I loved my visit and would make it a regular haunt if it was in Brighton or London rather than Nelson, BC!

3  Thank imajic