“A Great Romantic Get-Away”
Review of Cloudside Hotel

Cloudside Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Coeur d Alene, Idaho
“A Great Romantic Get-Away”
Reviewed June 27, 2004

We wanted to find a romantic get-away that was not too far from home to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Inn the Garden is the first bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in, and we will definitely be back! My hesitation in staying at B&B's was my impression that they would be too fussy. I hate having people fuss over me, and my husband and I are so independent we were wary of being "tied-down" to a B&B setting. But Inn the Garden was a wonderful experience! We had the freedom to come and go as we pleased, the owner was friendly, helpful, but not at all intrusive or "fussy." We also enjoyed the company of other travellers from Holland at our morning breakfast, which would never happen in a regular hotel setting. We enjoyed a beautiful view of Nelson from our spacious room. We had our own private bath just down the hall (I read the website at innthegarden , so I brought a robe and slippers, and it was no problem!).It was nice that the main house is "adult oriented," but we are glad there is a guest cottage next door so we can bring our kids back with us next time we come. The guest cottage is a totally seperate house right next door, with 3 bedrooms and a full kitchen. All the fixin's for breakfast are provided to the cottage, so it will be great for a family with young kids! We're planning to bring grandma and grampa, too! We highly recommend "Inn the Garden" on all counts. The price, the location (just a block off of Baker, where the food and shops are superb), and the hospitality were all 5 star!

4 Thank My_Karma_Idaho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Out there in the real world
Reviewed June 18, 2004

I can't believe it's been nearly 5 years since my boyfriend and I stayed here. Keep that in mind, since places and their quality can change with time.
I booked the weekend as a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday, so I picked what I hoped would be a nice atmosphere for us - and I got it!
The house is on a hill behind the main street, so that the front door is up a staircase through the garden, but the back door opens to the 2nd floor. The rooms are so lovely and comfortable, homey without losing that special feel. We had a room with the bathroom separate, but were given the key to one two doors down so that we still had privacy. The hostess couldn't have been nicer about breakfasts, especially for my boyfriend who is very fussy about his eggs. We never felt that we were being watched or fussed over, but were always welcome to ask should we need anything or have questions.
Sorry my memory doesn't have more to it, I just remember and absolutely beautiful place to stay. I couldn't believe this place had no reviews! Now we just have to go again!

5 Thank cookofthehouse