“A warm welcome, and a clean, comfortable room with perks”

Alpine Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Canada
“A warm welcome, and a clean, comfortable room with perks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

On a road trip west, we stopped into the Alpine Motel and were so glad we did. The friendly, genuine welcome was followed by perfect amenities: I used their free wireless, did two loads of laundry in a nice modern set.

Our room was sparkling clean, cozy and comfortable--the bed firm, the sheets soft and very clean. Instantly, I wanted to book another night because the price is right and, as I travel a lot for work, I love it when owners take pride in their establishment. The kitchenette is small but everything you need for small meals is close at hand. They even supply you with coffee. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and would stay again in a heartbeat. Only challenge I had was that during the night, the air conditioner turned a bit noisy but that was the only hiccup in a great stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LMctrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nelson, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

My elderly parents in law are visiting Nelson from Vancouver Island. I recommended this motel, which unfortunately I really regret doing so now and here's why. During the check in the front desk staff has confirmed that the room they were renting was available for 3 days, HOWEVER, after just one night they were forced to leave as the room was no longer available. In my opinion it was simply a SCAM. They had that room available for that night only and staff took advantage making money by convincing that it was free for several nights.
It was so embarrassing. They had to pack all of their belongings, find another available motel and move to a different location.
I would not recommend this motel to anyone ever again, in fact I will make sure that none of my friends and family members ever stay there. Oh and the rooms were tiny! We moved our parents to Villa Motel across the orange bridge which had much bigger rooms and CHEAPER price.
Thanks a lot for this terrible experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank ymirchick
Alpinemotel, Owner at Alpine Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
First of all I would like to apologize to this guest as it is obvious that they were not happy with their stay with us. We take their criticism seriously and if problems are encountered we will make sure that they will be dealt with.
It so happened that these guests checked in with me. They might have been older people but not elderly people as I saw 2 Harleys pulling up the driveway. The part that is troubling me is that during check in time it was not mentioned that they wanted to stay any longer than 1 night, so they were booked in for 1 night and they signed in for 1 night. If they would have asked about an extended stay I would have either directed them to another room or told them that we did not have anything available for that length of time. I even remember them asking if they wanted to pay up front or the next morning at check out. They opted for the latter. The next morning, after they realized that it was not possible to stay another night in the room they were booked into, one of my staff members offered them another room which they rejected. The Alpine Motel is a fine place and we do not need or want to make a living by giving false information, in this case to say that we have a room for several nights just to fill the 1 night. That would be an attitude that would go against pretty much everything I and the Alpine Motel believe in.

Once again I apologize for a bad experience but the truth has been violated here by a Tripadvisor member that did not stay with us themselves.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

This is a quaint motel in Nelson. Our room included a kitchenette and we cooked our own breakfasts each morning. They also included a coffee maker and complimentary coffee. The staff was very friendly and the location close to downtown was excellent. The room was $100. a night which was a good value in British Columbia.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SRQ1Sarasota_Florida
Billings, MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We had a dickens of a time finding the place. Our GPS didn't recognize what I wrote down. It's a two-name street "Hall Mines" Rd. Don't forget the word "Hall". After the first night we decided to stay a 2nd night. The cheaper rooms were spoken for, so we were assigned a different, larger room for $10 more. Ed and his girlfriend were very hospitable and helpful. The room was clean. It was quiet except for the air conditioner, but what can you do about that? The guest laundry was wonderful. Their Wifi worked well. No hair dryer, though. Nelson is a steep up and a steep down town. Baker Street might be one minute away, but if you walk it's seven blocks down and the same back up.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MontanaBorn47
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

I was dubious about this motel, noting it only had a two-star rating but the price was right, so we decided to risk it. I was more than pleasantly surprised. The room was large enough for a couch and small table and chairs as well as a queen-sized bed and bed- side table. There was a small frig, microwave, and dishes and cutlery, a coffee maker and coffee...The bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi tub! and lovely thick towels. Everything was very clean. The room was far enough away from the road so it was very quiet. Our lab dog was permitted into the room. I would highly recommend this motel (also Jackson Hole restaurant in town - excellent, good value food!)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

The Alpine Motel is centrally located, close to and easy to find from the main road. Walking distance to the center of Nelson. This is a good choice if you are looking for motel/hotel when you are travelling with pets as well, as they allow pets in the room for a minimal charge. The rooms are very clean. The owners are professional and very pleasant to deal with. We highly recommend this motel and will come back for sure!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

Decided to take a small break and drove from Calgary Alta. to Nelson B.C. We needed dog friendly and close to all that Nelson's rich heritage offers.We made several phone calls and decided on the Alpine Motel.
It's truly a gem in the Kootney's. Clean spacious room, close to everthing, quiet and very clean.We had a jaquzzi room and my wife enjoyed it immenesly.
The owners have recently purchase the property (late 2009). They were very helpful in suggesting places to dine (Jackson's Hole is a definite place to go ) and other sites. They informed us that they will be doing renovations in the near future.
Will definitly be back and recommend it very highly (we a very particular as you see from our other accommadations reviews).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple