“Kind and Caring”

Alpine Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I would like to tell everybody about this wonderful place and the amazing people running it. We were welcomed with friendly faces and huge smiles. They were helpful, attentive and extremely willing to be our very own "travel guides", as we had never been to Nelson B.C before.They made us feel at home and suggested different places to visit and see. The rooms were comfortable and extremely clean. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, even though they were very busy with painting and improving the Inn. We stayed 2 nights and each night the parking lots was full. I would HIGHLY recommend this Inn to anyone who is traveling that way. I myself will be back, many more times. A great little get away from the hustle and bustle of the busy world around you. A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandy d
There are newer reviews for Alpine Inn and Suites

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I love coming here, this is the second time now and it was just as nice as the first. The service is excellent and the rooms are always spotless. If you have not been here I highly recomend checking it out.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Nestled in the heart of Nelson, the Alpine inn is a hidden gem! From check in to check out, my stay here was a very positive experience. The staff were friendly and accommodating. From the owners themselves to housekeeping, everyone went above and beyond in excellence. My room was perfect, clean, tidy, and quiet. I wanted to take the mattress home with me! Lovely people, lovely Inn, beautiful historic town. I will definitely be back for the ski season! I highly recommend the Alpine Inn for any Kootenay adventure!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Staff is young and inexperienced!!! Selfish kids! They don't have a clue about customer service or operating a business. There is no internet service here either. Definately not a place for business people. They did not offer any compensation for lack of internet service. Situated alongside a highway, therefore, very noisy from vehicle traffic. You can also here the neighbors snoring in the suite beside and above the one your in. Not worth $96.60

Room Tip: Do your research first or you'll be disappointed!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Tucked away in the Kootenay Nelson community, the Alpine Inn was beyond cozy! They welcomed me with open arms like I was apart of their family. My room was clean, tidy, and felt great! Oh, and their complimentary lake view BBQ cooked a tasty steak!

I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel tried to charge me more than the price listed on their website. I told them they needed to honor the price listed on their site and they said they would, but instead they down graded our room to a kitchenette and charged us that price.
The hotel rooms do not look anything like the pictures on the website! The bed was just a box frame (no headboard) and the end tables were some unfinished boards with counter top on them nailed to the wall. The rooms looked like they were out of 1970, wood panelling. They didn't seem super clean either.
The staff was friendly, but I wouldn't recommend staying here :(

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank kt5678dance
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This a a nice motel conveniently located above Nelson- about 5 minutes walk to down town but 20 minutes back up. The rooms are small but clean and well appointed. The staff is freindly and helpful. try to get rooms closer to the office as the other end is a bit close to a busy road.

Room Tip: rooms close to the office are quieter. There are two levels so ground floor if that is an issue
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family