“nice comfy room”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Nelson
Mission, BC
“nice comfy room”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nice place, comfy bed, just the perfect size for someone who wants to have a nice place to stay for the night. Thanks! We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 babies) and we just needed a quick place to stay over for the night. Got in around 8pm and left around 8am. It was nice though, felt totally safe and fairly sound proof. I'd recommend it as a place for a quick stay,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alpineinnandsuites, Owner at Alpine Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments, they are being appreciated. You summed it up nicely. The only thing that I would like to add is that we are also very suited for a longer stay. The Alpine has a wide variety of rooms and more than half of our rooms have separate bedrooms and/or kitchens. Add to that the convenience of parking in front of your room and it wouldn’t take long to get a homey feel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have to admit that I am a "snob" when it comes to two things....I have to have good seats at major sporting events and I have to stay in nice hotels. I am usually a Marriott customer, but they do not have properties in Interior BC. I read about the friendliness of the owners and staff and decided to give them a try. I expected friendly service, but figured the property would be average at best. I was right about the service and wrong about the property. The staff was FANTASTIC. So friendly to deal with on the phone and in person. It did feel much more like family than business. We had 2 rooms. My wife and I ended up in a newly remodled room (for only $79!) and the kids in a bit of an older room. Both rooms had newer televisions, EXCELLENT bedding and were very, very comfortable. Our remodled bathroom was as nice as any Courtyard's. One other thing that really impressed me (in both rooms) was the quality of the towels. The towels were better than Marriott's. Very Impressive. While I REALLY liked the remodled room, the older room would have been just as acceptable. The stay exceeded all of my expectations!!

Room Tip: The remodled rooms are VERY nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Eric B
Alpineinnandsuites, Owner at Alpine Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you Eric B. for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is great to see more and more that guests appreciate what we are trying to accomplish which is to be equally as good or better than any big chain hotel. The reviews are becoming more and more consistent and that shows that we are on the right track. As we are a smaller property with 30 rooms we are able to give our guests that homey/welcoming feel that is sometimes hard to achieve at bigger properties. We will pass the compliments on to our staff and we will keep up the work!
Once again, thank you very much and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I showed up late in the afternoon of Sept.23/12. She was in the early stages of a migraine and going downhill fast. The manager, Jeff, I believe, showed great concern and put us in an upstairs room which was perfect for the situation. With the drapes drawn it was dark, which was a must. Room was very clean, as was the bathroom/tub and shower. A/C worked great, awesome bed, flat screen TV. Very affordable. I highly recommend the Alpine Inn and Suites. Next time I'm in Nelson, I'm staying there again. Great manager...great motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alpineinnandsuites, General Manager at Alpine Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I was very glad to be able to help you that day as your wife seemed to be very uncomfortable. I always try to help my guests when I can and I am glad your situation turned enjoyable. Thanks again and hope to see you in the near future.
Praia, Cape Verde
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Let me preface my comments by saying how kind and helpful the owners/managers were.

However, this is another example of an interior BC rip-off motel. After tax, we paid $113 for a room. The room we had was quite dated. Take away the flat screen tv and fridge and it seems like a motel room from the 1970's. The most this room should have cost should have been $70. It was off season and I think the rate could have been much more reasonable.

The positive comments for the staff I believe. However, ask for the rates first. Many of the comments regarding the value and modernity of this motel seem unbelievable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank chetsuabo
Alpineinnandsuites, Owner at Alpine Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. First of all thank you for the kind comments about our staff. We work very hard as a team to make our Inn as comfortable and enjoyable as possible for all of our guests.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Although I do not agree with most of your comments there is one in particular that I would like to respond to regarding pricing. It seems that you were unaware of the price of the room when you arrived. At check-in, every guest must sign in and approve the rate. We also always mention the price at check-in and our rates can be found on our website. We also gave you a special team rate which we thought was very fair for the suite you received. So there is no reason to not have known the price. Our rates are amongst the lowest in Nelson and you get a well appointed room that has received many upgrades over the last 2 years such as new bathrooms, flatscreen tv’s, new beds etc. I can assure you that the comments about the value and modernity of our Inn are true and believable, it is your review that is not consistent with the other reviews.

I would have appreciated it if you would have brought your complaint immediately upon check in to the front desk so that we could have dealt with your concerns on the spot.

As a family run establishment we will continue to improve and meet every guests expectations. Sorry our Inn was not what you expected.

Barrie, Ontario
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed there for 2 weeks in Feb 2012. Our trip was based around snowboarding Whitewater and visiting friends in the area.

The inn was very flexible with our requests and catered to our needs in a friendly professional manner.

We will be returning to our favourite BC destination this winter again and not only excited for the mountains but also to visit our new friends (staff) at Alpine Inn.

• Stayed February 2012
Alpineinnandsuites, General Manager at Alpine Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for posting such a nice review. I am glad you enjoyed our Inn as well as Nelson and Whitewater. Our guests always have a great time here in the winter. Being so close to the mountain and having the shuttle run you and back forth is really a bonus. Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you this ski season.
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I stayed here on our amazing trip to Nelson BC this past summer. The staff working at the hotel are some of the best I have experienced on vacation (5 Star comparable). The rooms were extremely clean and well taken care of. I especially loved how they were so good with our small kids, they always had something interesting to show or talk about each day. If your travels are leading you to beautiful Nelson BC you must experience Alpine first hand. Nothing will complete your trip more fully... I also loved the amazing restaurants and people a stone throw away from our room.

This is my #1 place to stay... If your reading this go no further.... try them out you wont be disappointed..

Brewer Family!
Travel experts....

Room Tip: Any room, we looked a most and are all fantastic
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alpineinnandsuites, General Manager at Alpine Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words and positive review. We strive everyday to make our guests happy and have an unforgettable vacation. We always try very hard to make our establishment family friendly. Being a family run business, we know the importance of having a wonderful vacation. Thanks again and we hope you will return soon and bring the whole family.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Took a road trip out west for some hiking and mountain biking. Nelson has some of the best trails out there! We stayed at the Alpine for a couple nights. The staff there were amazingly friendly and helpful! Can't say enough about them. The rooms were spotless and a great price. Along with being dog-friendly, you can't go wrong! This place would be perfect for anybody, couples, families, heck singles!
I would recommend the Alpine and hope to be back one of these days!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich G
Thank you very much for the excellent review. We always try to make our guests feel right at home. We are proud to accept dogs as we know how hard it is to find accommodations that allow pets. Thanks again and hope to see you again in the near future.